Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-11-2018, 06:41 PM
LukeHoward LukeHoward is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 717
Default Re: iOS monitor control for MTRX

Ah great! I did update the firmware/DADman the other day, but have only done a quick regression test with the app.

BTW the coming version supports Bluetooth input devices, so you can for example assign a foot switch to the External key.
__________________
www.lukehoward.com
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-13-2018, 03:12 PM
colinbroad colinbroad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: charvil
Posts: 6
Default Re: iOS monitor control for MTRX

Nice Job Luke!

After reading this I am writing some s/w for the TMC-1 to emulate the Mom, it can also talk with both the PC and MTRX/NTP/DAD which will allow me to incorporate meters.

One suggestion for you, why not include the External GPI as an extra switch on your interface.

Kind Rgds

Colin
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-13-2018, 08:00 PM
LukeHoward LukeHoward is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 717
Default Re: iOS monitor control for MTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbroad View Post
Nice Job Luke!

After reading this I am writing some s/w for the TMC-1 to emulate the Mom, it can also talk with both the PC and MTRX/NTP/DAD which will allow me to incorporate meters.

One suggestion for you, why not include the External GPI as an extra switch on your interface.

Kind Rgds

Colin
Thanks Colin, and nice to hear from you – I'm a long time admirer of your work.

It's a good idea about the External GPI, actually to be honest I just forgot about it initially – however one reason is that there's no visual feedback associated with the External key in the protocol, and this may have some UX implications. I need to think about it some more. It will be mapped to the arrow key (I forget which right now) in the next version.

Re: meters, I'm sure you've figured this out but – unfortunately the MOM protocol won't give you meter information below -40dB and only in 0.5dB steps. And you have to jump through some hoops to interpolate the actual dB value from the LED colour states. But, one deals with the cards as they are laid!
__________________
www.lukehoward.com
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-16-2018, 02:34 AM
colinbroad colinbroad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: charvil
Posts: 6
Default Re: iOS monitor control for MTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
Thanks Colin, and nice to hear from you – I'm a long time admirer of your work.

It's a good idea about the External GPI, actually to be honest I just forgot about it initially – however one reason is that there's no visual feedback associated with the External key in the protocol, and this may have some UX implications. I need to think about it some more. It will be mapped to the arrow key (I forget which right now) in the next version.

Re: meters, I'm sure you've figured this out but – unfortunately the MOM protocol won't give you meter information below -40dB and only in 0.5dB steps. And you have to jump through some hoops to interpolate the actual dB value from the LED colour states. But, one deals with the cards as they are laid!
Hi Luke, Yes I have the meter information but cannot give it to you (nda). On the TMC-1-Penta The user specifies all the I/O and the TMC-1 software assigns the routing and the summing channels, the TMC-1 then knows which channels and summing points to meter. With DadMan and Mom the user defines the I/O and routing and DadMan software assigns the summing. I found the DadMan software harder to set up but it does give the advantage of allowing more complex routing.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-16-2018, 02:45 AM
LukeHoward LukeHoward is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 717
Default Re: iOS monitor control for MTRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbroad View Post
Hi Luke, Yes I have the meter information but cannot give it to you (nda). On the TMC-1-Penta The user specifies all the I/O and the TMC-1 software assigns the routing and the summing channels, the TMC-1 then knows which channels and summing points to meter. With DadMan and Mom the user defines the I/O and routing and DadMan software assigns the summing. I found the DadMan software harder to set up but it does give the advantage of allowing more complex routing.
Ah yes, I didn't read your message closely enough and was conflating the meter information (presumably reported by the MTRX/AX32 to DADman/TMC-1) with the current monitor gain reported by DADman back to the MOM. It's the latter has the limitations I mentioned above.

I'd be interested in adding metering to the app, although unless there's a way to have DADman proxy that over the MOM protocol, I'd rather not have to pair the app directly with the MTRX/AX32. Still, I might just have a peek with Wireshark now... :)
__________________
www.lukehoward.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monitor Knob - Cut Assignment like XMON but now for MTRX innenhofstudios Pro Tools | S6 10 05-17-2018 04:23 AM
PT Dock / MTRX Control remotedude Pro Tools | Dock 3 02-11-2018 08:13 PM
Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything? Focuret Artist Series 29 10-26-2017 04:07 PM
MTRX antonis Post - Surround - Video 2 10-26-2016 01:31 AM
Artict Control Monitor/Control Room Knob & HD Omni DAWgEAR Artist Series 4 07-07-2014 02:56 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com