Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2002, 12:06 AM

Default Working with dual monitor AGP card on G4

Is there anyone who use proMax DH max (dual head AGP card for Macintosh? Does it work with PT LE on AM III and g4 400mhz?
See infoformation about this card: proMax DH max
Oh. I forgot. I also use Aurora Fuse card so I`am afraid of conflicts with that both cards.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Working with dual monitor AGP card on G4

I can't give you first hand experience, but I can offer the following as a bit more information. We qualified that card during qualification of the new 2002 G4 Quicksilver models. I don't know that it was tested with the older G4 400 AGP.

If you run into problems, see the guidelines listed here:
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/001g4agp.html

Quote:
Pro Max DH-Max (disable Pro Max drivers when using with Pro Tools. Both monitors set to "thousands of colors" instead of 256. Not yet qualified with 13-slot chassis)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those guidelines may have more to do when used with TDM systems that are using more PCI bandwidth than and LE system, but something to try if you run into problems on a 001 system with this card and dual monitors.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Working with dual monitor AGP card on G4

I have a G4/667 (Digital Audio serie from year 2000), the 001 and the DH Max.
It works quite good except for a weird Finder behaviour: some applications or the Finder itself (!) will quit (error messages) when closing a big window or quiting the app. thus closing a window. It happens mostly when using Photoshop, iMovie, Internet Explorer and Outlook Express-> it has almost never happened using PT.
I think the Finder find it hard to re-display the desktop's icons when a window covering most of it is suddenly closed.
I've tried different things (rebuilding the desktop on a regular basis, trashing the Finder and installing a brand new one...), some have help a little but I still get that behaviour on a random basis.
None of those errors I get are fatal (no freezing of the computer in 90% of the cases), and I still don't regret I bought that card.
Now, it's up to you.