Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-28-2004, 10:42 AM

Default grouping together audio regions

Is there a way to group selected audio regions only ...(example I have a 2 part-Hook that i need to copy and paste thru out the song. I used 4 tracks recording the hook, some times only one part of the hook will be copied and other times both will be recorded.)....

Also is there a way to export tracks, with out using the bounce to disk... (example#2.. I have a song that consist of 12 music tracks and would like to just export them to a new stereo mix and make the 12 track inactive... is this possible without using the bounce to disk)

Last, is there a way to set up a loop in pt and turn it on and off... instead of having it to change every time u drag in the timeline?

Old 05-28-2004, 10:56 AM

Default Re: grouping together audio regions

Under the group list select <ALL>. Highlight one region of the hook and all regions will be highlighted. Copy and paste. Deselect <ALL>
Yosemite OS
Old 05-28-2004, 12:53 PM

Default Re: grouping together audio regions

Quote:
Is there a way to group selected audio regions only ...(example I have a 2 part-Hook that i need to copy and paste thru out the song. I used 4 tracks recording the hook, some times only one part of the hook will be copied and other times both will be recorded.)....

Select the audio regions and hit ALT+SHIFT+3. This will make them 1 single region. Is that what you want?

If you're talking about audio regions on seperate tracks then I don't think you can do that, but an alternative method is to creat a GROUP for the 4 tracks you have the hook on (select all four tracks and hit CNTRL+G), select the group so that everytime you grab any audio region in any track of that group you will grab all respective audio regions on all tracks under that group.

Quote:

Also is there a way to export tracks, with out using the bounce to disk... (example#2.. I have a song that consist of 12 music tracks and would like to just export them to a new stereo mix and make the 12 track inactive... is this possible without using the bounce to disk)

Yes, but you'll still have to listen to the entire piece of music, which is what I believe you were trying to avoid, yes?

If not then the alternative method is to send the output of the selected tracks to a bus line and then open a new stereo audio track, set the input to that bus line and record. I believe they call this a SUB MIX, but I'm still trying to learn all the nifty terms so don't quote me on that...

Quote:

Last, is there a way to set up a loop in pt and turn it on and off... instead of having it to change every time u drag in the timeline?

Yup. Checkout PLAYLIST(S) in your PTLE reference guide. I believe that is what you are talking about. If not then my appologies for not understanding the initial question..

GOOD LUCK!
- GAPE