Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2003, 01:42 PM

Default cant control Native Inst. plugs via midi keyboard

Hi,

I have the NI b4 (hammond b3 modeler) rtas in pro tools le 6.1.1 (001)which shows and plays via mouse but I cant find a way to play the b4 from my midi keyboard. I can get the keyboard to play the b4 via midi in the stand alone b4 but in pro tools it says "no midi channels activated" for the b4??? Id appreciate any help with this issue. I also have the 6.1.1 asio driver installed but the midi problem with the b4 was there before I installed the asio. Also, how do you activate "rewire" in 6.1.1?

thanks,

Jim

Jim (I used to be alot younger)
Old 10-04-2003, 03:48 PM

Default Re: cant control Native Inst. plugs via midi keyboard

You need to create an AUX track for the B4 RTAS plugin, and a MIDI track to accept input from your MIDI keyboard. On the MIDI track, set the input to the port where your MIDI keyboard is plugged in (or ALL), and for output, send it to the B4 (which you've got on the AUX track.)

Then, make sure the MIDI track is armed (record-enabled), and that the AUX track volume is up.

This has nothing to do with ReWire, ReWire is available in 6.1.1 (and 6.1) without any special configuration. It just notices if there are any ReWire clients available, and makes them available in your list of plugins.
Also, running B4 as an RTAS plugin has nothing to do with ASIO.

Ignore the 'no channels activated', I haven't seen it mean anything (yet?)

Old 10-04-2003, 06:09 PM

Default Re: cant control Native Inst. plugs via midi keyboard

Thank you very much! You answered each question and I appreciate it. It sounds like you have the exact details of what I see and am dealing with. I'm going to give a try right now. thanks again.

Jim

Jim (I used to be alot younger)