Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2013, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Venue Software bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post
so this topic is like 6 months old, can we expect a bug fix update yet? please!
Agreed.

Although we'd had no major failures I make every touring engineer that uses our console aware of the issues with the software.

Thats almost an engineer a week.

Thats a fair few engineers that now have doubts over the stability of the venue software.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 AM

We are experiencing an issue when moving channels. After the move,the snapshot that was active seems to be consistently keeping the settings of the moved channel (name, group assignment, EQ, Comp, patching, etc.), but that 'moved' channel in other snapshots seems to only keep the EQ and Comp, and sometimes the name. Group assignment and patching disappear. We can save the snapshot, go back to it, and the same issue happens. We can overwrite the file, load it back up, and same issue happens. Only impacts the channel we moved and the one it 'bumped' to another channel. File has about 10 snapshots in it. Only the one active when the channel was moved retains all it's settings.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Avid

trailerpark,

Would you be able to send a list of steps and a show file to venuesupport [at] avid.com? I tried to reproduce what you describe but in my tests the moved channel follows the snapshot data as expected. I tried with bus assigns and patch but couldn't get anything to misbehave.

Thanks,
-Mike
Old 05-18-2013, 04:57 PM

It's more than a year ago, when Avid released 3.0 software (with some huge improvements don't get me wrong), sadly enough it seems that the Avid people don't really care about stability of there consoles. Which i find hard to believe but i does looks that way!!

Being really disappointed by the fact there is no update on this. I'm not really impressed by there support of software updates.

Any reactions or explanations from Avid would be helpfull atleast for understanding why?
Old 05-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Avid

Hi everyone,

I know that from the outside looking in there doesn't appear to be much going on....but please be assured that the development team has been working at max capacity for quite some time - so stay tuned.

To address a few points throughout this thread...
  • Reliability and stability is always a top priority. That's why every software release is tested for a minimum of six weeks before it goes public. We use a combination of automated testing, beta testers and internal testers to keep the quality of our software as high as possible. We will not compromise testing to save time.
  • Even with all of this testing bugs can and do sneak through. A small team within Avid gets together regularly to assess bugs in the field. Members of this team come from Customer Support, Product Management, Test and Development. We review the current "hot" items, discuss their impact (how many customers are affected, how often, is there a workaround, etc.), and decide if a bug fix release is warranted.
  • The Channel Control bug mentioned on this thread is ugly - no question - and it will be fixed. But taking all factors into account it does not warrant a release at this time. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's the balancing act that we have to do in a world of finite resources.

Thanks for using our gear, and for being as passionate about our products as we are.

Sheldon
Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon Radford View Post
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's the balancing act that we have to do in a world of finite resources.
Well it is indeed not what i want to hear, but it is a honest answer that's got to count for something. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:58 PM

Has anyone experienced the following?:

a band on a channel EQ will randomely and really quickly go from the +/- dB setting you set it as, to a value 0.9dB higher than that, in a randomly and really fast etc? Fortunately 0.9dB at frequency isn't going to be audible but...

The problem comes and goes. I notice it about once or twice every 4 months.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessestu View Post
Has anyone experienced the following?:

a band on a channel EQ will randomely and really quickly go from the +/- dB setting you set it as, to a value 0.9dB higher than that, in a randomly and really fast etc? Fortunately 0.9dB at frequency isn't going to be audible but...

The problem comes and goes. I notice it about once or twice every 4 months.
Never noticed it, is it not just slow reaction, after you used the EQ?
Old 10-17-2013, 11:34 AM

When doing snapshots I like to write down notes. This is really helpful for theater use. Though, when writing down my Q's in the 'note' window, sometimes all my note disappear (from the selected snapshot, where i just wrote my notes). It looks like that i use too many characters, As a result i have to write everything all over again.

This might not really be a bug, (but this thread deserverse some more atention from avid) And it is really irritating writing automation Q's down again and again. Might be usefull to see how many characters you have left.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingthor View Post
When doing snapshots I like to write down notes. This is really helpful for theater use. Though, when writing down my Q's in the 'note' window, sometimes all my note disappear (from the selected snapshot, where i just wrote my notes). It looks like that i use too many characters, As a result i have to write everything all over again.

This might not really be a bug, (but this thread deserverse some more atention from avid) And it is really irritating writing automation Q's down again and again. Might be usefull to see how many characters you have left.
The limit is 200 characters. Until the issue is fixed, you can do the following: type all what you want, but always copy text to clipboard (usual Ctrl+C) before leaving Notes field. In case notes are too large and get cut to 200 characters, you can always return to Notes and paste your text back for further editing.