How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2013, 04:36 PM

Default Midi Editor Shortcuts?

Howdy,

Does anybody know of a comprehensive list of MIDI editor shortcuts? For example, things like "Make notes legato" or Transpose up a semitone / octave (I think semitone is ctrl and + / -?).

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Midi Editor Shortcuts?

Bump please!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 PM

August, I posted this in a thread. Not everything you want but something.

transpose is +/- + Start key on a PC. To split a note, press control (pc)hover over note, scissor tool will appear. Hold over left side or right and it turns into glue. Even if the split notes were moved far apart! Hold to the left side it will glue to previous, hold to right it will glue to next. Best to use smart tool so you don't accidentally write new notes when just trying to deselect. Also you can resize either note you just split by moving the mouse to the right or left while holding. Also, if you move all the way to the left or right, it will delete the note. This is great for trimming. There also a move tool when holding down PC start.
Always use play loop. right click on play, select loop. swipe anywhere on the edit screen or timeline at least one second of audio while link edit and timeline is on and loop away. turn off link edit and timeline and swipe the top of the time line and make a separate edit selection now that they aren't linked. Use the [ key to loop the selection and the ] key to loop the time line. How cool. It's like pre and post roll if you want or you can compare song sections instantly.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:07 PM

also to split a whole bunch of notes, put the edit cursor where you want notes split. you don't need to select them. press control E on a PC
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 PM

There's a legato mode in the real-time properties column. check out Duration. page 707

I do miss Logic's logical midi editing and some of the key commands. I guess some folks are running Logic and PT at the same time on the mac.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 AM

Thanks all. Looks like PT is still missing that fast MIDI workflow via shortcuts and functions outside of dialogs in the editor (make notes legato and transpose an octave are especially useful). Hopefully AVID will improve this area.