Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 12-06-2020, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Dark Theme in Pro Tools 2020.11

Is there a short summary of the most helpful dark mode tweaks someone can point to so that I don't have to wade through this huge thread? I've sort of lost track of this conversation.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Is there a short summary of the most helpful dark mode tweaks someone can point to so that I don't have to wade through this huge thread? I've sort of lost track of this conversation.
There is no short summary of what you want. It depends on what you consider helpful. Some may be content with just changing the title bars colors, some with changing the track grid in the edit window, etc. Sorry but you're going to have to wade back through a few pages to find what may be of importance to you.

For instance macsearcher posted some color changes that may be helpful or not - depends on who's using them. For me some of his such changes didn't work well for me. But for you - only you can answer that. And I've made some changes that I've not posted here because they fit me to a 'T'.

Something to keep in mind is that the changes discussed pertain mainly to Mac users as apparently the Windows version may be different.

QAPLA!
Old 12-06-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
There is no short summary of what you want. It depends on what you consider helpful. Some may be content with just changing the title bars colors, some with changing the track grid in the edit window, etc. Sorry but you're going to have to wade back through a few pages to find what may be of importance to you.
Thanks.

I'll just stick with Classic for now because I can't be bothered futzing around like that. I pointed out far back in the thread that I think Live has an elegant solution for tinting the UI in a way that accommodates user preference without confronting the user with too many parameters to tweak. Maybe Avid can take a cue from their competition but as it stands I see many users are satisfied with the Dark theme as it exists. I'm not sure arguing my position any further will contribute much so enjoy everyone (or don't).
Old 12-06-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Yes, a summary is needed at this point, but it's tough to guess what you'd like most. Look back at post #337 from macsearcher for a good starting place. I've lost track of what I've changed and what has stayed the same or I'd offer something more helpful.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Yes, a summary is needed at this point, but it's tough to guess what you'd like most. Look back at post #337 from macsearcher for a good starting place. I've lost track of what I've changed and what has stayed the same or I'd offer something more helpful.
Keeping track of changes is why I use the built-in OSX textedit program to keep track of things. When editing the dark mode file I also have another textedit window open with the document where I notate the changes. The only thing to keep track of is which window you're writing in or chaos could happen

QAPLA!
Old 12-08-2020, 05:45 AM

All the best Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
For those that are asking for help with the dark mode changes and so on I'm going to have to break off for a little while but I'll be back. Just got some bad news about my sister (she's the last close blood relative I have) out in Arizona about a mass the doctors found on her stomach. Our family sadly has a long history with cancer.

I need to take a break to get through this as my head is elsewheres.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 12-08-2020, 08:56 AM

Thoughts are with you and your family, Jack.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-08-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
All the best Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Thoughts are with you and your family, Jack.
Much appreciated all. My sister is supposed to get the date for her surgery this week. Believe me when I say I'm nervous. Kind of takes the excitement out of the upcoming Christmas. I really appreciate the community - just like a family.

QAPLA!
Old 12-08-2020, 07:01 PM

Jack.

Sorry I'm just getting to this. Hopefully the surgeons can get all the cancer cells out before it goes anywhere else. With stomach cancers there's a good chance they will.

There is never a good time to receive this kind of news. I hope all goes well.

If there is anything I can do to help ease the load please let me know though PM. I'm a stones throw from NJ (grew up there actually).

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:20 AM

Default Re: ProTools 2020.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
Agree. I turned it off instantly. It's way too different to be useful. I feel like I'm looking at a different DAW. Really slow and actually making my eyes ache tonight! I'll stick with Flux
Yes but if you spend hours upon hours, days even, you can learn geek code and tweak the dark mode to your liking.