Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 08-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 M-Powered BIG ISSUES...

Hi, I have been having a lot of issues trying to run pro tools...first I installed Pro tools essentials and then had to upgrade to M-Powered. I purchased it online for 150 and then found out I had to get an ILok...So i stop by the Sam Ash store and buy an ilok for 40 bucks...then once i click authorize it says im missing a .dll file and that I should reinstall m-powered...once I try to uninstall it it gives me an error saying it only works with Windows Xp SP3 and Vista...I have windows 7 but it was working fine before when I had essentials. Can someone please offer help, I am really starting to lose my mind now
Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 M-Powered BIG ISSUES...

Which version of M-Powered did you buy? In any case, M=Powered SHOULD have included the special red iLok that comes with a new purchase(shame on someone for ripping you off if they claimed you didn't need it). Meanwhile, read this
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=193636
and post a Sandra report so folks can help you decide IF your computer is up to the task(sadly, many are not). Sometimes its a simple addition of a second hard drive(you need a separate drive for recording) or an approved firewire card. Other times, you might need a total overhaul. I guess its too late to nag about doing your homework first For Windows 7, you need M-Powered ver. 8 with the 8.0.4 update(so if you bought an older version, sell it and get the newest version).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-02-2010, 10:08 PM

I have the M Powered version 8, and the 8.03 version currently installed. Should I update to 8.04? And I have the Ilok inserted into my computer, and I went on the website to download the ilok client and driver. But still when I click to authorize it tells me to use the license card--so I click next and then it tells me the authorization code cant be found in the installed ilok. So I go to the ilok website again, log in, and the site tells me its detected that the required software hasn't been installed and to please download and install the version for my platform...but I have installed both the client and driver numerous times...I don't understand why it is not being recognized...if there are any more suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 06:55 AM

one basic question: do you have a PT8 "license" on the ilok?

Log in to the ilok website, click on your ilok and using the Manage Licenses tab, see if there is an entry like this:

Product Company Type Expiration

Pro Tools M-Powered 8 Digidesign License Never