Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2008, 11:41 AM

Default MDW EQ 3.0 RTAS Bug

Hi, I posted this in the graphic freezes thread but didn't get any replies.

Using the RTAS version of the 5-band MDW EQ in an 88.2 or 96kHz session, the input section (input gain and phase reverse) doesn't function. The numbers and button will change but neither are affecting the signal. It works fine at 44.1/48kHz, and the TDM version works at all sample rates (haven't tried 176/196, though....)

This is 100% reproducible here and I'm curious to see if anyone is getting this behavior. Can anyone confirm that it's working or not on their system?

MacPro 8-core 3.0GHz, 3 gigs RAM, PT 7.4cs5, OS 10.4.9
Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 PM

Default with regrets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioRhythm View Post
Hi, I posted this in the graphic freezes thread but didn't get any replies.

Using the RTAS version of the 5-band MDW EQ in an 88.2 or 96kHz session, the input section (input gain and phase reverse) doesn't function. The numbers and button will change but neither are affecting the signal. It works fine at 44.1/48kHz, and the TDM version works at all sample rates (haven't tried 176/196, though....)

This is 100% reproducible here and I'm curious to see if anyone is getting this behavior. Can anyone confirm that it's working or not on their system?

MacPro 8-core 3.0GHz, 3 gigs RAM, PT 7.4cs5, OS 10.4.9
hi StudioRhythm,

as much as i appreciate your many and illuminating posts here, i have to tell you that despite years of testing and, more recently, days of concentrated testing, i cannot reproduce this bug on any of our many machines. i have not seen this once. not in the lab. not in the studio. can you please tell me how you'd wish me to proceed? have you reported this problem to Digi?

with deep regrets,
George
Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 AM

Hello George, thanks, and I didn't mean to discount your reply on that thread.... But I was just hoping to hear from other users whether or not they have encountered this issue or not; I can assure you I'm not making it up.... So I don't really know why a problem of this sort would exist just on my machine -- I could understand if I were getting crashes and that kind of behavior, but this one just doesn't make much sense to me as something that could be isolated to just me, there must be some particular configuration or set of circumstances that makes it happen.

So, I don't know how to proceed from here other than finding out whether or not anyone else has had this problem, hence the post -- do you have any other ideas or suggestions? I will report this to Digi now to make sure they take a look and see if they can reproduce it.

And BTW, thanks for the plugin, it's by far the best plugin EQ I've ever heard!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:26 PM

Default thanks, and...

Quote:
[...]I don't know how to proceed from here other than finding out whether or not anyone else has had this problem, hence the post -- do you have any other ideas or suggestions? I will report this to Digi now to make sure they take a look and see if they can reproduce it.
hey StudioRhythm, it would be great to hear if everybody has this problem. or even anybody...?

George
Old 08-03-2008, 04:17 AM

Hi George & StudioRhythm, I've tried this out on my system & have been able to replicate this bug. Using the RTAS multi-mono version & a single mono version in a 96kHz session I could raise or lower the volume of the input gain & it didn't alter the audio. Same with the phase button, button appears to work but nothing changes with the audio. It's like they're disconnected somewhere internally.

Also I've still got that graphics glitch bug with the range readout on the frequency graph. Shows 12db/octave when you control click on the graph but the actual graph is displayed as 6db/octave.

btw.. I'm on a dual 2.3GHz G5, running OSX 10.4.9 PT's 7.3.1cs7 so it's not just an intel bug.

Matt

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia
Old 08-04-2008, 08:31 AM

Hi Matt, thanks, glad to hear I'm not the only one. Is anyone else seeing this, or can confirm that they're not?
Thanks,
Dan
Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Default ...

Quote:
Hi Matt, thanks, glad to hear I'm not the only one. Is anyone else seeing this, or can confirm that they're not?

ok, well, we thought we tested multi-mono, but i didn't look at it last week when i was testing for you, Dan. i'll have it tested by tonight.

on vacation in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, so i'll have to interface with the office. will let you know.

George
Old 08-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Massenburg View Post
ok, well, we thought we tested multi-mono, but i didn't look at it last week when i was testing for you, Dan. i'll have it tested by tonight.

on vacation in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, so i'll have to interface with the office. will let you know.

George
George it's not only limited to multi-mono, it's happening for us with a mono only instance as well.

Matt

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia
Old 08-05-2008, 06:42 PM

Hi George, it was just happening on mono tracks here too, in fact I don't think I even looked at whether or not it happens in multi-mono.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Avid

We've been able to repro this on both the 3 and 5 band versions - RTAS only, mono and multi-mono. If George hasn't been able to repro directly, we'll be sending him the report.

Thanks for reporting this.