Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2008, 09:51 PM

Default Leopard / PT7.4.1 / Rewire

Okay - I've just bought a new Mac Intel (2.8Ghz Quad-core) to replace my year old Intel in my main studio. OSx 10.5.1, I've installed Protools 7.4.1 and updated any thrid party or digi plugins that needed to be updated.

This system - HD Accel 3, 4Gb RAM, OSx10.5.1, ProTools 7.4.1

Protools would not boot, kept hanging with the 'apple coloured spinning wheel of death' when ever the boot process got to 'digirewire'...a forced quit on Protools was the only way to reset.

I've removed the 'digi rewire' plugin from the plugin folder, now PT loads and runs fine. Except now I can not run any rewire applications etc.

According to the Propellor Heads website, rewire IS compatible with Leopard 10.5.1 and PT 7.4.1...but not on my system...

I've tried un-installing and re-installling Reason (adapted only) - to to avail. Protools only boots if rewire plug in is not present in plugin folder.

Any one else had this problem??

Old 02-20-2008, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Leopard / PT7.4.1 / Rewire

I had the same problem (on a Quad G5, though).

Do you have Ableton Live installed as well? That appeared to be the cause of my problem, although I was unable to get DigiReWire to load even after trashing Live.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:30 AM

Hi,

Have you tried installing the latest version of the rewire app from the propeller heads site

http://www.propellerheads.se/technologies/rewire/

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:43 AM
Administrator

There is a known issue with the older version of the MelodyneRewireDevice.plugin that either needs to be updated, or deleted from your system:

Melodyne ReWire files make other programs crash in Leopard
http://www.celemony.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?t=2792

Also, if you do have Melodyne Uno Essential installed from either the Ignition Pack or Ignition Pack 2, updating to Melodyne Essential 1.8.1 from the Ignition Pack 2 Updates page will update the Melodyne components:
www.digidesign.com/ip2help
Old 02-21-2008, 01:24 PM

I got past that message on my Leopard system by going to Mac HD > Library > Application Support > and trashing the 'Propellerhead Software' folder.

Should harm anything to trash that folder, but I'd follow Digi support advice first and see what happens.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the replies. Here is where I am at;

1. Spoke to Digidesign support - they said any 'Rewire' issues are third party - check the Propellor Head website, download the latest patch. I went to the Prop Head site, no downloads of latest patches available. However, I am running 'Reason Adapted vers 3.0.5' which is stated as being compatible with OS 10.5.1 & PT 7.4.1. Rewire patches are only available as part of application packages, not as singular downloads. I can't ask Prop-Head tech support, because there isn't any for 'adapted' users except a FAQ page, which of course has no items discussing my issue, and seems to be only current with 'Reason Adapted 2.5' - not 3.x....

2. Since upgrading to Leopard/PT7.4.1, when I attempt to run 'Reason Adapted' as a stand alone app, it requests my license number - I re-enter the license number I used when I first installed Reason Adapted as part of the ignition package before upgrading to OS10.5.1/PT7.4.1 and it states 'incorrect license number'...once again, I cant ask Prop Head tech support because there isn't any for 'Adapted'users. I sent an email anyway, but I probably wont get a response....

3. Updated Melodyne to 1.8.0.5 - works fine. Arturia Analog Factory works fine. Abelton Live crashes.

4. Protools 7.4.1 still working fine except still wont boot if DigiRewire.dpm is in the plug in folder.

Any one else have any thoughts...?? Thanks in advance!

web page
Old 02-22-2008, 08:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. Here is where I am at;

1. Spoke to Digidesign support - they said any 'Rewire' issues are third party - check the Propellor Head website, download the latest patch. I went to the Prop Head site, no downloads of latest patches available. However, I am running 'Reason Adapted vers 3.0.5' which is stated as being compatible with OS 10.5.1 & PT 7.4.1. Rewire patches are only available as part of application packages, not as singular downloads. I can't ask Prop-Head tech support, because there isn't any for 'adapted' users except a FAQ page, which of course has no items discussing my issue, and seems to be only current with 'Reason Adapted 2.5' - not 3.x....

2. Since upgrading to Leopard/PT7.4.1, when I attempt to run 'Reason Adapted' as a stand alone app, it requests my license number - I re-enter the license number I used when I first installed Reason Adapted as part of the ignition package before upgrading to OS10.5.1/PT7.4.1 and it states 'incorrect license number'...once again, I cant ask Prop Head tech support because there isn't any for 'Adapted'users. I sent an email anyway, but I probably wont get a response....

3. Updated Melodyne to 1.8.0.5 - works fine. Arturia Analog Factory works fine. Abelton Live crashes.

4. Protools 7.4.1 still working fine except still wont boot if DigiRewire.dpm is in the plug in folder.

Any one else have any thoughts...?? Thanks in advance!

web page
Which version of Live do you have installed? If you're not on a compatible version, that could explain the ReWire related crashes.

Regarding #2 - does the code you're entering start with RSN? If not - you're probably entering a registration code or something. You can get your code by logging into your account on the Propellerheads website and going to My Registered Products.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:59 PM

Thanks Digi support.

Got Reason working as as stand-alone app now as per your advice.

Awaiting on update for Ableton - but have trashed the app from hard drive pending update.

Protools will still not boot with DigiRewire.dpm in plugins folder. Force quit is required to escape the booting process. This is getting frustrating.

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:24 AM

Did you try trashing the propellerhead software folder as I suggested?

Trash Reason adapted 3.0.5 and reinstall Reason and that let me get past that same error you're having.

Updating ableton off their website to the lastest 6.x version too.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Avid

Quote:
Thanks Digi support.

Got Reason working as as stand-alone app now as per your advice.

Awaiting on update for Ableton - but have trashed the app from hard drive pending update.

Protools will still not boot with DigiRewire.dpm in plugins folder. Force quit is required to escape the booting process. This is getting frustrating.

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.
You may have trashed the Live application, but you'll also need to get rid of, or move, the Ableton Live Engine located at MacHD>Library>Application Support. Otherwise, Pro Tools is still seeing it and probably locking up trying to load it.