Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2001, 07:23 AM

Default Bounce noise, G4 freezes,focusrite d3 shows error-1

Hi All,
When I bounce we occasionally get painful clip noise at the end of the bounce.Just the last second or two of the bounce.??????
The new G4/733 sometimes freezes just setting there. I believe it to be a Mac problem but not sure. ???????
Our focusrite d3 plug-in gets the -1 error. I have reinstalled the d3 already. ???

I just upgraded to 5.1 with G4/733 a couple of weeks ago. From PT3 on I have always managed to have good success upgrading and corrected little problems, but can't seem to get these corrected. HELP
Old 11-11-2001, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Bounce noise, G4 freezes,focusrite d3 shows error-1

i have had this problem since version 5.01 and I have not received any answer as to why. I have given up using bounce because I can not trust the bounces. I have tried all the generic fixes but nothing seems to work. I have a 9600 with system 9.x I run two Ultra SCSI buses using the Digi ATTO card and Storcase removable rack mount drives. But the same problem happens even if I just bounce to the internal bus. the drives do not display any other issues and backup fine using Retrospect, come up clean in Norton etc. the problem started with PT 5.0.1 and has continued through 5.1.1. I have posted several threads about this, and despite other users having the same problem, Digi has not responded. It would be great to know why it does this:
Is it a bug in the software?
is it related to the ATTO card?
etc etc???
Old 11-12-2001, 08:31 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by dobroman:
When I bounce we occasionally get painful clip noise at the end of the bounce.Just the last second or two of the bounce.??????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-We have been able to reproduce a case with PT LE 5.0.1 (which was also present with PT LE and TDM 5.1) were you will get a large blast of noise at the end of a Bounce To Disk when using the Long Delay RTAS Plug-In. If this pertains to your sessions, then you should upgrade to v5.1.1.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>The new G4/733 sometimes freezes just setting there. I believe it to be a Mac problem but not sure. ???????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-This could be many things, including an extension conflict or a virus.

I would suggest setting the slider in the Energy Saver CP to "Never" and see how things go.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Our focusrite d3 plug-in gets the -1 error. I have reinstalled the d3 already. ???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-This error will occur if the Focusrite d3 plug-in v.1.3.1 is used with Pro Tools 5.1. Installing version Focusrite d3 v 1.4 will correct the problem. This file can be located on your PT 5.1 CD-ROM in the Plug-In Updaters>DAE Folder>Plug-Ins folder.

Brent
Old 11-12-2001, 01:32 PM

this error occurs for me with or without any plugins, it is sporadic, may happen once in 12 bounces then 3x in the next 4 bounces. It is with the default extension set with energy saver set to never. My usual bounce included Master X on the master fader, but even without master x it would occur. I know you are diagnosing the other user, but my experience should bbe noted. I never use RTAS plugs, I have 5.1.1 TDM and it still happens. this has gone on since PT 5.0.1 TDM upgrade.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:58 PM

Thanks for the response.
Energy Saver is set to never.That was done before 5.1.1 install
Installed d3 v.1.4.1. Have not checked it yet.
No virus unless it came from the PT 5.1.1 disc or Toast 5. G4 has never been on-line. It is a clean system.
Any other suggestions for the bounce problem and freezes???