Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: McDSP Version Up!

Yes, I'd like to chime in as well and urge Digi to come up with a solution !
- Michel
Old 09-22-2005, 09:40 AM

I would also urge Digi to say what if anything they will do? This like a lot of issues in this world depends on voices! the more people that speak out the better chance we have at getting something done. so come on people! the people that bought MP4, Speak up if your not happy.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 AM

yes. i just discovered this right before this thread was started. i have MASSIVE PACK 3 and i wanted to update my McDSP stuff and it was not until i went to the download pages for McDSP did i discover that the updates were not compatible with the MASSIVE PACK 3 versions. i was a little shocked and miffed. ..though, i must say, "bait & switch" seems a bit strong. they are fully functional, just not upgradeable. it was not good business practice for this to be concealed. i did tell my dealer about it and he was surprised and let everyone who was ordering MP4's from him know what the real scoop was.

what i want out of the MASSIVE PACK 4, i'll buy separately.
Undertone on Facebook
Undertone Custom Sound Libraries

"Groupable markers would be epochal!"
-Starcrash
Old 09-22-2005, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Hi again,

I see that I posted and forgot to supply my e-mail. I wanted to do this in case anyone had any questions about this thread or about MassivePack in general. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Ed
Has anyone gotten a reply from Ed the developer guy? I'm starting to get concerned that Digi/McDSP are simply hoping this situation goes away. The thing is, it won't.
NO. I've emailed him weeks ago, as he so kindly offered his email address, but he has not responded. I've also emailed Customer Service, and also no response. Not even a "nothing we can do" response. They're just ignoring me.

I've ordered MP4 Pro (which includes the Accel card) from my local Digi dealer, but have not yet paid. When the package comes in, I will put the dealer to task to solve this problem if they want my money.

Mark
Old 09-22-2005, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[

Has anyone gotten a reply from Ed the developer guy? I'm starting to get concerned that Digi/McDSP are simply hoping this situation goes away. The thing is, it won't.
NO. I've emailed him weeks ago, as he so kindly offered his email address, but he has not responded. I've also emailed Customer Service, and also no response. Not even a "nothing we can do" response. They're just ignoring me.

I've ordered MP4 Pro (which includes the Accel card) from my local Digi dealer, but have not yet paid. When the package comes in, I will put the dealer to task to solve this problem if they want my money.

Mark
That is really disturbing. This shows that they are just trying to diffuse the situation by appearing to make attempts to resolve this fairly without acually doing anything at all. We all know that Colin from McDSP regularly and quickly responds to users on this forum, so we can be pretty certain that he is purposely ignoring this issue as well, which is a shame since has been so helpful in the past.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
We all know that Colin from McDSP regularly and quickly responds to users on this forum, so we can be pretty certain that he is purposely ignoring this issue as well, which is a shame since has been so helpful in the past.
I've also emailed McDSP Customer Service, but have not yet received a reply.

Mark
Old 09-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Avid

Hi again from Digidesign.

I have received some e-mails from readers of this thread and have read all of them. I'm sorry for not responding to each of you individually, as I believed that my response to the post along with our clarification on the web site would be enough.

Digidesign continues to stand behind the value of the MassivePack 4 promotion given the sale price and the standalone value of the products offered. The $7,000 savings even takes the cost of the RTAS version of MC2000 into consideration. If you do not agree with us, and purchased this product before the clarifications, please contact me and we can arrange for you to return the product for a refund.

Thanks,

Ed
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 09-22-2005, 04:03 PM

That seems fair.

I wonder how many will take up the refund offer?

Not many I imagine.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Hi again from Digidesign.

Digidesign continues to stand behind the value of the MassivePack 4 promotion given the sale price and the standalone value of the products offered. The $7,000 savings even takes the cost of the RTAS version of MC2000 into consideration. If you do not agree with us, and purchased this product before the clarifications, please contact me and we can arrange for you to return the product for a refund.

Thanks,

Ed
Thank you for the clarification, albeit after the promotion has ended.

Will the McDSP and URS plug ins be upgrade-able to versions required to work with PT7, due out in a couple of weeks? Please explain the upgrade path. That seems to be of greater concern than the lack of RTAS versions.

By the way, the most recent Digi promo received via email upped the savings to $7250.

Mark
Old 09-22-2005, 04:34 PM

Quote:
The $7,000 savings even takes the cost of the RTAS version of MC2000 into consideration.
The flyer I received in the mail says a savings of $7,250 which is not correct. The true savings off retail is $6,859 vs. $7,250 which Digidesign claims in the advertisements for the MassivePack 4. Just take the total of all the plug-ins which is $8,548 and subtract the price of the MassivePack which is $1,295 and you come up with $7,253 which is what they advertised. In order to actually have full retail versions of all the plug-ins though, you must upgrade the McDSP and URS plug-ins for $195 and $199 respectively. This brings you down to a total savings off retail to $6,859. Someone feel free to jump in and correct me if I’m wrong. I’m not denying that the MassivePack 4 is a great deal, I just don’t like that Digidesign chose to include limited versions and decided not to mention it until the complaints started. Just do us all a favor and don't include limited versions if you decide to do a MassivePack again in the future.

Phoenix $450
ReVibe $995
Smack! $595
Fairchild 660/670 $595
Pultec Bundle $595
H3000 Factory $595
Quadravox $395
Channel G $995
MC2000 $495
Oxford OXF-R3 EQ $850
Speed $495
Master X3 $495