Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: McDSP Version Up!

Quote:
"Holy cow there's a bunch of people complaining about the massive pack...that could hurt sales...get someone in there pronto for some damage control!!!!!"
LOL!

I think they should compensate those of us that got DUPED when we bought MP4!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:56 PM

my concern is that somewhere along the line,an upgraded pro tools wont support these massive pack plug ins
my mc2000 from massive pack 3 is at version 2.3.1.On the mcdsp website the version they have if you bought the "real plug in" is version 2.6
Whats different in this update, that doesnt need to be addressed in the massive pack version ive got
does this mean that the version ive got is it?
will there will be no more upgrades till i spend more money?

the version2.6 on their website expressly says"will not work with massive pack3"
does this in effect mean ive purchased a plug in with no future support
When will my version of this cease to work with pro tools?
because if there are no further updates to support MassivePack3 surely this is what will happen
It seems to me this is a new marketing ploy within the industry
Its not only digi
I bought Native intsruments Komplete2
same thing
works like [bleep] in pro tools .always crashing at the worst moment
yet are there any updates for it.NO
you need to have the "full" versions of the plug ins to get updates
Maybe it says it somewhere when you buy these
But I didnt see it

So when i was thinking i was getting a good deal with massive pack 3 bundle
it turns out all is not what it seems
So can someone from Digidesign tell me how long my MC2000 and filterbank will keep working with pro tools? before i basically have to repurchase them
This is deceitful
trumpeting savings when in effect its actually going to cost you more in the long run
Bah
its just plain deceitful
Old 09-10-2005, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Many of us would not have purchased MP4 hd we known about the upgrade issues. I do believe we have been conned. Thanks Digi.
Same for MP3,I feel like I bought a DEMO with a year authorization
Old 09-10-2005, 08:41 AM

Isn't it so that the McDSP Massive Pack plug-ins are "stuck" at the version Massive Pack shipped with? That's why they are offering $195 to upgrade to full versions. If that's true, your web information should also say that Channel G included is not the full version but some massive-stuck-version - they are not the same.

Quote:
As the web information now says, MassivePack 4 contains a version of MC2000 is TDM-only – the RTAS version is available fropm McDSP for $195. The full retail version that consists of both TDM and RTAS versions sells for $495. Note that McDSP Channel G is TDM only, so the MassivePack and retail versions are the same.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:45 AM

Hi Ed, thanks for the apology. All too often there is no response from company representatives (search the iLok threads and you will see what I mean). Thanks for the invitation to write to you directly; I couldn't find an email address, so I am continuing to post.

With my clients, if I make a mistake, I apologize and I take steps to make it right, without hesitation or qualification, even if it costs me some dollars. A happy client tells 2 or 3 people - an unhappy client tells 10.

The marketing of MP4 claimed over $7k in savings. If this was based on the retail prices of full versions, then MP4 should contain full versions. The loss of iLok transferability, limited plug-in formats and lack of upgradability are serious differences from the full versions. I'm sorry that mistakes were made in the marketing of this product, but now it is time to clean up the mess, the sooner the better. (A stitch in time saves nine.)

The benefits that you and the developers were hoping for in offering MP4 have been damaged by the marketing of the products. I had never used any McDSP products, and was thrilled to be able to get MP4 in order to have some McDSP plugs. That emotion has been replaced with a feeling that I have been duped - I feeling I get each time I consider whether or not to use a McDSP plug on a track.

I would propose allowing the return of the limited plugs for credit or cash. The credit / rebate should be based on the retail price and the price of the MP4. An alternative solution would be for full versions to be provided to MP4 purchasers. If neither of these proposals are workable, the retail price of MP4 should be reduced and refunds for the differences provided to all purchasers.

In the future, all marketing of MP products should clearly differentiate between full and limited versions.

Thanks in advance for your continuing involvement in straightening this out. There is an opportunity here for you and the developers to make lemonade out of lemons - there is also the possibility of compounding the damage that has already been done.

Best....H
Old 09-10-2005, 11:06 AM

Channel G MP4 and retail are NOT the same. McDSP have ALREADY released 1.2 Channel G with some added fixes / features..... before the MP4 promotion even ends with the MP4 version 'stuck' @ 1.1.1

From McDsp website for Channel G version 1.2 8/15/2005
Added ClearType font smoothing support in Windows XP
Added Manufacturer category support
Reduced loading time and memory footprint
Last non-native OS X version

Unless McDSP promise to update the MP4 versions to match retail - Then you could say they are the same except for ilok online transfer.

Also McDSP only allows for both MC2000 and Channel G to be updated together. I already have full MC2000 - I just want the Channel G sometime when the feature set needs to catch up ...

Ainslie

Quote:
Isn't it so that the McDSP Massive Pack plug-ins are "stuck" at the version Massive Pack shipped with? That's why they are offering $195 to upgrade to full versions. If that's true, your web information should also say that Channel G included is not the full version but some massive-stuck-version - they are not the same.

Quote:
As the web information now says, MassivePack 4 contains a version of MC2000 is TDM-only – the RTAS version is available fropm McDSP for $195. The full retail version that consists of both TDM and RTAS versions sells for $495. Note that McDSP Channel G is TDM only, so the MassivePack and retail versions are the same.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Channel G MP4 and retail are NOT the same. McDSP have ALREADY released 1.2 Channel G with some added fixes / features..... before the MP4 promotion even ends with the MP4 version 'stuck' @ 1.1.1

Yeah, that really makes me angry and I really wish I knew a good lawyer.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:08 AM

How are those Massive Pack licenses delivered by the way? Do they come on license chips like before, or are the licenses transferred directly to buyer's iLok account?
Old 09-12-2005, 11:37 AM

Quote:
How are those Massive Pack licenses delivered by the way? Do they come on license chips like before, or are the licenses transferred directly to buyer's iLok account?
directly to your iLok account
- Michel
Old 09-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Avid

Hi again,

I see that I posted and forgot to supply my e-mail. I wanted to do this in case anyone had any questions about this thread or about MassivePack in general. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Thanks,

Ed
Avid
Skype edgray1000