Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: McDSP Version Up!

Quote:
Where on the site does it say Massive Pack 4 owners have a price to pay? I saw it for Massive Pack 3, but not for 4.
They don't seem to have it on the site but they have updated their fax in order form to include the MassivePack 4 upgrade.

http://www.mcdsp.com/purchase/mcdsp_orderform_080.pdf
Old 09-06-2005, 07:44 PM

Thanks Jason. I wouldn't have found that even with a back hoe.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-06-2005, 09:13 PM

So true.

Quote:
looks like I've been McWUPed.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:47 AM

As a recent convert to Digi (one year ago I bought an HD2Accel) I have to say I am more than a little shocked to discover I have bought limited editions of plug-ins when I bought MP4.

Are all of the plugs limited versions? What is the nature of the limitations?

Would someone from Digi please document where the $7000 in savings are?

....H
Old 09-07-2005, 05:32 AM

Quote:
As a recent convert to Digi (one year ago I bought an HD2Accel) I have to say I am more than a little shocked to discover I have bought limited editions of plug-ins when I bought MP4.

Are all of the plugs limited versions? What is the nature of the limitations?

Would someone from Digi please document where the $7000 in savings are?

....H

I'm rather shocked about this as well. This defenately wasn't clear on Digi's MP4 promotion page... :-(
- Michel
Old 09-07-2005, 09:47 AM

Many of us would not have purchased MP4 hd we known about the upgrade issues. I do believe we have been conned. Thanks Digi.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I do believe we have been conned
fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

I will not purchase the upgrade. I do not rely on CG or M2000. I use other plugs as my staple - URS, UA, TC X3. And with this little bait and switch, I won't be getting other McDSp plugins either like Ac1, AC2 even though Charles Dye likes them. DUY, here I come.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 09-09-2005, 12:27 PM
Avid

Hi all,

I am one of the folks at Digidesign that works with our Development Partners to create MassivePack 4 - I’m sorry to see the frustration of this thread. The good news is that MassivePack 4 contains the fully-functioning Plug-Ins described in the promotion’s marketing; the not-so-good news is that there are differences between the retail and MassivePack versions of McDSP MC2000 and some other upgrade and support limitations that we could have been clearer about in our promotional materials. They have been clarified, and we apologize.

Here is a link to the MassivePack information; it contains another link at the bottom with all of the details:

http://www.digidesign.com/news/detai...?story_id=3264

As the web information now says, MassivePack 4 contains a version of MC2000 is TDM-only – the RTAS version is available fropm McDSP for $195. The full retail version that consists of both TDM and RTAS versions sells for $495. Note that McDSP Channel G is TDM only, so the MassivePack and retail versions are the same. Sound Toys SPEED is an AudioSuite Plug-In, not a TDM Plug-In, so it does not work in our VENUE live sound environment. The Unique Recording A10 and N12 graphical EQ plug-ins included with MassivePack 4 use an iLok license that can’t automatically be transferred to another iLok. The web pages for the relevant information for McDSP and Unique Recording are:

http://mcdsp.com/products/index.html

http://www.ursplugins.com/mpack4support.html

The Plug-Ins that are included in MassivePack 4 are “the real deal.” They are not demos. They do not expire. They do not lack parameters, features or processing quality when compared to their retail counterparts. These Development Partners chose to include these versions in MassivePack to provide full access to their Plug-Ins, while encouraging users to see and try the other products they offer, including very affordable upgrades. This is a time-limited promotion of third party products, so Development Partners like McDSP and Unique Recording have discretion over what upgrades to offer and what to charge for them; they’re also responsible for end-user support during the promotion and after it ends. As far as some of the other predictions on this thread, please don’t read too much into them – nothing about the MassivePack or its contents should point to a future technical or marketing direction by Digidesign. MassivePack 4 is a strong value and we wish you many years of creative use with it. Please write to me with any questions you have.

Thanks,

Ed
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 09-09-2005, 12:48 PM

Quote:
MassivePack 4 is a strong value and we wish you many years of creative use with it
I think you mean many months, not years. These versions will fall off the compatibility charts with PT, OSX and hardware updates. And then my carbonised plug-ins will go to the unused plug-ins folder faster than McDSP could say ' would you like fries with that?'.

Old 09-09-2005, 04:03 PM

"Holy cow there's a bunch of people complaining about the massive pack...that could hurt sales...get someone in there pronto for some damage control!!!!!"