Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2008, 04:41 PM

Default Re: MDW EQ 3.0 RTAS Bug

Exact same thing with my plugin too ... Input gain and phase have no effect on the audio. It's no biggie, but it'd be nice for the phase reverse in particular to work. Definitely amazing and my go to eq either way!

Oh yeah I'm using a dual 2.3 Ghz ppc G5 ... Now with 10.5.5 and PT8
Old 01-29-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I'm checking with development on this now...
How is this checking going guys? seems a bit ridiculous how long this update is taking...

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia
Old 02-08-2009, 09:50 PM

bump

Brisbane Australia
Old 02-17-2009, 03:53 AM

Ok this is getting ridiculous, Goerge contacted me through email & apparently there has been a revised version which fixes the issues with the RTAS plug which was completed in November '08 but Digidesign hasn't posted it??

Please Digidesign, can you sort this out with George & get us the latest revision already?

Brisbane Australia
Old 02-17-2009, 08:23 AM

Yes please, I would like to be able to use the polarity switch once again!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Avid

Dear All,

As the Digidesign guy who is ultimately responsible for our relationship with Massenburg DesignWorks and the welfare of the MDW EQ 3.0 plug-in, I want to let you know how sorry I am for the stall in getting a fix of this proudct out to you. I take responsiblity for this delay in publising a fix that George Massenburg and his team delivered months ago. As it happens occasionally in a complex company, we took our eye off the ball and this fix was ignored. Don't blame George - he hustled to develop, test and deliver a fix to us.

The good news is that we should be able to publish a verion 3.0.1 r1 of the MDW EQ plug-in quickly and I will get it to you as soon as possible. Please bear with us as we make sure that the fix is solid on the current versions of Pro Tools, and that the copy protection and installer stuff is worked out. I will keep my eye on this and you're welcome to e-mail me at [email protected] with any questions you have.

Thanks for your patience and understanding and again, my apologies for the delay.

Ed
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 02-27-2009, 08:37 AM

Hi Developer Guy,

Thanks for responding here. Now that we have your attention and have resolved this particular issue, could you please now do what you can to get the bugs in Amp Farm 3 fixed?

Here is a thread describing one bug and here is a thread about a different bug in Amp Farm 3.

I realize that Digidesign has announced that Line6 ended development on any new versions of this plug-in, but we need to at least have a bug-free version if it will be the final version. Some of us recently upgraded to version 3, even if it was dead end path, just to be able to use Amp Farm under PT8, since Pod Farm is RTAS only, and we also want to retain the ability to bring up old sessions where Amp Farm was used (with the correct settings...)

When plug-ins are EOL'd, it hits a sour note with customers, but it is a risk that we all assume, unfortunately. However, abandoning plug ins with unresolved bugs just isn't acceptable.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Avid

Hi All,

Thanks for your continued patience as we get these new builds configured and tested. We just want to make sure that the versions we post are "the ticket."

Thanks also for drawing my attention to the Amp Farm issues. Amp Farm is being replaced by Pod Farm which is RTAS only, but none of us regard Amp Farm as a dead product. It's a great plug-in that will be used on many systems for years. While I can't guarantee that all bugs will be fixed, I promise you that I'll look into them and communicate with Line 6 about how to resolve them. We totally understand the need for session compatibility, too - and know the difficuties caused by a plug-in being "put out to pasture."

I should have an update for you on the MDW plug-ins shortly and will look into these Amp Farm issues now.

Ed
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Avid

All,

Good news. We've tested all versions of MDW EQ 3.0.1. r1 on Mac OS X and Windows. They are working solidly and the phase switch is back . I want to thank George and his colleagues for getting these fixes in and again apologize for this delay. As I said before, the last thing we wanted was to post a new version that didn't resolve prior issues or worse, a version with new issues. Bear with me as we get these installers posted (we'll do this as soon as we can) and I'll let you know when they are up and how to get them.
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 03-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Avid

Come get 'em!

Free updates to MDW EQ version 3.0.1 for all owners of MDW EQ 3 and MDW EQ 3 RTAS are now available in the Downloads section for each version:

MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 3.0 (TDM/RTAS)

MDW Hi-Res Parametric EQ 3.0 (RTAS)

Thanks to George Massenburg for delivering these improvements (promptly) and to you for your patience.

Enjoy the new versions.
Avid
Skype edgray1000