Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2008, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Leopard / PT7.4.1 / Rewire

Hi Y'all,

thanks for the help....here is where I ended up.

1. Ableton Lite Live; trashed the entire app and the Live engine as per Digitech support's suggestion. I contacted Ableton, they claim Live Lite IS compatible with Leopard (see email; Hi, Live lite 6 is already compatible with Leopard. Best, Jörg Klußmann Ableton Support) - yet it wont even load as a stand alone app - just crashes/unexpectedly quits. So I just trashed it all. Oh well.

2. I completely trashed then re-installed Reason adapted 3.0.5...

Now Protools boots fine, and everything is working. (except Ableton)

Time to make a cup of tea!!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Avid

Quote:
Hi Y'all,

thanks for the help....here is where I ended up.

1. Ableton Lite Live; trashed the entire app and the Live engine as per Digitech support's suggestion. I contacted Ableton, they claim Live Lite IS compatible with Leopard (see email; Hi, Live lite 6 is already compatible with Leopard. Best, Jörg Klußmann Ableton Support) - yet it wont even load as a stand alone app - just crashes/unexpectedly quits. So I just trashed it all. Oh well.

2. I completely trashed then re-installed Reason adapted 3.0.5...

Now Protools boots fine, and everything is working. (except Ableton)

Time to make a cup of tea!!
Did you install the 6.0.10 version of Live Lite?

You may need to trash your Live preferences as well, which may be the reason it's not launching. You also have to launch Live once as a standalone app before using it as a ReWire app, as the first launch installs all the proper ReWire components....
Old 02-28-2008, 09:04 AM

What worked for me was to move digirewire.dpm file to the plugins (unused) folder

FROM
C:\library\Application Support\Digidesign\plug-ins\DigiReWire.dpm

TO:
C:\library\Application Support\Digidesign\plug-ins (unused)\DigiReWire.dpm

C:\ = Root drive.

I'm new to MAC OS so not sure what it is called
hope this works for you
Old 02-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Avid

The issue related to Celemony Melodyne Essential is probably the cause of ReWire troubles on Leopard in most cases. I'd like to know if anyone is having trouble running Ableton Live or Propellerheads Reason Adapted who has NEVER used Melodyne Essential. I have been having success running Reason Adapted and Live Lite 6 on Leopard as ReWire clients with Pro Tools HD 7.4.1, but when I loaded the old (and incompatible) version of Melodyne Essential, it caused my Digi ReWire plug-in to crash on load (100% of the time) until I swapped the old version of Uno Essential out for the new version - then I was "back in the ReWire saddle."

Ed
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 03-04-2008, 04:57 AM

Upgrading Melodyne Essential to the current version fixed the problem with Live 6.0.10 starting outside of Pro Tools, as well as with DigiReWire.dpm loading.

This is on a G5 Quad with 10.5.1.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Leopard / PT7.4.1 / Rewire issue solved!

I had the same problem and i have finally SOLVED it. It is easy. First you have to update your rewire. Only way to do this is by updating Reason Adapted For Digidesign to version 3.0.5 which is of coure a free update. Then you must go to the folder Propellerhead Software and change the read and write options to the Rewire folder. Do this by right clicking on the folder and choose GET INFO. Change all the Sharing And Permissions options for REWire (3 of them i think) to READ & WRITE. It is explained on www.propellerheads.se but i can not find the page again now. Hope this helps!

Boto
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 PM

By the way i am running OS X 10.5.2 and Pro Tools 7.4
Old 04-05-2008, 12:56 AM

My Apple macBook tells me decompression failed every time I try to download the update for Reason to 3.0.5. SO for now, I can't get the update. I'm screwed.