Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Default WALLANDER INSTRUMENTS and RTAS - DIGI??

Wallander Instruments has developed some pretty good instruments - http://www.wallanderinstruments.com/, but they aren't yet working perfectly with the VST/RTAS adapter from what I hear. It would be really great if they could be used as an RTAS plug-in, but according to them, they have applied twice for RTAS, but Digi has not gotten back to them. I'm sure there are rules for granting RTAS to developers, that I am not aware of, but I was hoping maybe Digi could respond about the possibility of Wallander Instruments joining the RTAS club. Also, are there any Protools users that are using these instruments successfully with the current wrapper? Pros/cons?
Apparantly Wallander is upgrading their player to work better within the wrapper, but full RTAS support would be better.
Thanks for any info,
Old 02-09-2008, 09:45 AM

Default Re: WALLANDER INSTRUMENTS and RTAS - DIGI??

It´s nice of you to give us the info. I listened in on some of the mp3 and judging from that I would say they have to some more work. To me it sounds as if they are about the level of Arturio Brass. Besides the price is rather high if you are not top nodge. But, don´t take my word for it, listen in by yourselves, it´s educational...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 02-09-2008, 03:05 PM

I don't believe digi has to grant anything. From what I've always heard it's up to the developer to create a RTAS version. That being said, most composers use Logic or DP so VST and AU seem to always be the primary objective...unfortunately.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
I don't believe digi has to grant anything.
Yes they do: Developer registration

I looked at Wallander instruments a while ago. Seems like a cool idea.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:35 PM

My apologies. Thank you for educating me on this.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:27 AM

I don't know why my usually responsive Digi wouldn't get back to a developer, even just to say No, but Wallander seems to be an honest chap and I have no reason to disbelieve him, that he's applied twice without a response.
Oh well.....
Old 02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Avid

Hi All,

It seems that I've overlooked Wallender's inquiry and apologize to this group. I've written to the company in the past and promise to reach out to them by close of business today to begin the process of providing access to the Pro Tools software developer kit (SDK).

My group and I read every application (typically several per day) and once in a while, as in this case, an excellent provider is missed or ignored in error. Developers with the skillset, means and intent to make specific products for commercial sale to Pro Tools users are encouraged to apply and are typically signed up without delay.
Avid
Skype edgray1000
Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM

Thank you, apology accepted. I hope everything works out well for all concerned.

Quote:
Hi All,

It seems that I've overlooked Wallender's inquiry and apologize to this group. I've written to the company in the past and promise to reach out to them by close of business today to begin the process of providing access to the Pro Tools software developer kit (SDK).

My group and I read every application (typically several per day) and once in a while, as in this case, an excellent provider is missed or ignored in error. Developers with the skillset, means and intent to make specific products for commercial sale to Pro Tools users are encouraged to apply and are typically signed up without delay.