Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 06-09-2014, 10:47 AM

Default Re: C 24 tips and tricks thread

Thanks John. I actually found that workaround and appended to another thread that I had opened in March. "C24 - Can't move cursor" http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=351632

I appreciate the response though. I think it is the best we are going to be able to do.

Don
Old 06-12-2014, 08:36 PM

I just purchased a C24 after living with a Tascam M2600 32 channel mixer for the last 17 years. I'm trying to figure out how will I connect me powered monitors to this unit along with my host of rack mounted sound modules and keyboards. Below is what I'm working with, so if anyone has suggestions, please educate this old school dummy. (smiles)

Not fully understanding the whole DB25 hook-ups

Akai S-6000 sampler
Roland JV-2080
E-MU Vintage Keys
E-MU Planet Phatt
Korg Extreme
Roland XP-50

C24
003 Rack Plus
Adam A7 Speakers
Old 06-12-2014, 10:14 PM

Default C 24 tips and tricks thread

Folks here can't really help. You have a pile of stuff and you want to just hook it together... How can we guess what you want to do? What signals you want to process with what etc. the C|24 documentation is pretty complete, what part are you having problems understanding?

Hopefully you realize the C|24 is not a (real) mixer, and is not an audio interface, it's just an Avid control surface that happens to have some mic preamps stuffed into the same box, and a monitor control section, and yes it has a tiny line level mixer built in as well

So for keyboards for example, the C|24 is usually not involved. Many folks would likely just run the analog and/or digital audio outputs of the keyboard directly to your interface inputs. The monitor outputs of the interface go to the C|24 monitor inputs if you are using it as a monitor controller, otherwise no actual audio signals need to go near the C|24. Midi of course also does not touch the c|24 and goes via the interface MIDI port or a dedicated MIDI controller or MIDI over USB.

What you need to connect together depends on wether you want to use the line mixer and/or analog monitor controller in the C|24 or not, you might not (it is not the best sounding mixer/monitor controller stage, and unless you need it it is just adding wiring complexity), and you can just wire your monitors directly to the 003 Rack+ main outputs. If you do want that analog mix/monitor capability in the C|24 then you need to run the analog signals to the C|24, all the circuits and DB-25 pin connections for the line mixer and monitor inputs and outputs are in the user guide documentation. Again if you have a specific question ask it. And if you need interconnect cables Avid (and others) sell very useful (and somewhat expensive) DB-25 to TRS cable kits.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldheadkingpin View Post
I just purchased a C24 after living with a Tascam M2600 32 channel mixer for the last 17 years. I'm trying to figure out how will I connect me powered monitors to this unit along with my host of rack mounted sound modules and keyboards. Below is what I'm working with, so if anyone has suggestions, please educate this old school dummy. (smiles)

Not fully understanding the whole DB25 hook-ups

Akai S-6000 sampler
Roland JV-2080
E-MU Vintage Keys
E-MU Planet Phatt
Korg Extreme
Roland XP-50

C24
003 Rack Plus
Adam A7 Speakers

Get a patch bay and patch all inputs from the 003 to it and patch all your keyboard outputs to it then you can hook up what ever you like. As Darryl has stated the manual is good to review for the DB25 hook ups.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 10-18-2014, 03:49 AM

When you setup the memory location try GENERAL PROPERTIES > WINDOW CONFIGURATIONS. See if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsface View Post
Hi Riggi,

I have try what you mentioned, but my window mix does not seem to change when I select the memorys I have created. Am I missing some prior set up to the memories? Let me know. Thx
Old 10-27-2018, 04:09 PM

Does anyone know how to delete a selection in Protools on the c24? I can’t figure out this basic task. Basically, where is the delete key on the C24?
Old 10-28-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattleshock View Post
Does anyone know how to delete a selection in Protools on the c24? I can’t figure out this basic task. Basically, where is the delete key on the C24?
there isn't and there is no separate region either

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 09-17-2023, 06:11 PM

I'm trying to set up and connect my outboard effects sends and returns into C24 line ins and line out. I already set up 8 effects in submixer section that goes out to only two patch bay points on Pro Tools ins (L/R) and all is fine there. But I got way more effects that I want to use with C24. It has extra 16 line ins and 16 line outs. Would like somehow to sum them together to a stere pair just like I did with submixer outs. Wonder if anyone do that or know how. Thx