Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-02-2011, 07:30 PM

Question LED's on FCB1010 for 11R

Hi Guys,

I'm using a Behringer FCB1010 as a midi foot controller for my Eleven Rack. Typically everyone purchases the Eureka Prom (11Prom) or the UnO Eprom for their Eleven Rack, I have also and they are on their way.

In the meantime, I have been able to program my FCB to do pretty much everything I need it to do (switch through amps, and effects) the final thing I want is a visual representation of what effects are On or Off, in the form of their corresponding LED's being lit up on my FCB.

Is this in any way possible, getting the LED's to light up on multiple patches, with the on board EProm?
Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 PM

Default Re: LED's on FCB1010 for 11R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk McGerkin View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm using a Behringer FCB1010 as a midi foot controller for my Eleven Rack. Typically everyone purchases the Eureka Prom (11Prom) or the UnO Eprom for their Eleven Rack, I have also and they are on their way.

In the meantime, I have been able to program my FCB to do pretty much everything I need it to do (switch through amps, and effects) the final thing I want is a visual representation of what effects are On or Off, in the form of their corresponding LED's being lit up on my FCB.

Is this in any way possible, getting the LED's to light up on multiple patches, with the on board EProm?
I dont know of any way. The 11R does not allow the state to be probed as far as I understand, so that is why.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-03-2011, 04:17 AM

Only way I've ever gotten close is to use the Uno Prom and program the effect's status for each patch in Ripwerx. This way the effect's state on the 11R match what the FCB1010 state when selecting a patch. This also means that you can't use the front panel to select patches (which would defeat using a footcontroller IMHO) or turn effects on and off from the front and expect it to correspond.

But like Benoni said, there is no way to ask for a status or probe from the FCB1010 (or almost any footcontroller for that matter) and even if it did the 11R doesn't have a MIDI based status request/transmit.

But with the Uno chip the FCB1010 works really well for me.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:04 AM

Okay thank you guys. I understand you can't probe 11r, so I guess Uno is the closest I can get to what I want.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:05 PM

The EurekaProm will show the state of the pedals once the state is known and the lights will follow along, but once you change rigs then you have to start all over.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 12-04-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
The EurekaProm will show the state of the pedals once the state is known and the lights will follow along, but once you change rigs then you have to start all over.
That works too, thank you.