Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2003, 08:54 AM

Default 002 rack - distorted audio playback

I've been having about every possible thing go wrong with my new 002r, so I will just start with the first problem. After about 5-10 minutes of using protools, all my audio tracks start to distort. From what I remember of the demo of the plugin, it sounds a lot like if I were using the sci-fi plugin on the tracks. It only happens to the audio I have recorded, and not the aux inputs from the keyboard. This will also happen during recording a track. The audio sounds like it is going through a ring modulator. The weird thing is that if I just close the session and open it back up again, everything is fine. Even the tracks I was recording at the time are okay. I've searched the DUC for any answers already, but I'm not finding anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the specs for my computer as far as I know.
PT 6.1.1 (occured on 6.1 as well)
Dell Latitude D600
Pentium M 1.4
512MB ram
XP pro sp1
5400 internal drive
Buffer - happens at any setting, with or without low latency monitoring.
Firewire PC card - Adaptec Fireconnect - on Digi supported list
NO external HD -> I don't want to throw any more money into this computer until I know it will fix any problems

I've tried doing all of the tricks I can figure out like turning off stuff in the device manager and changing the computer Standard PC instead of ACPI. However - I am coming from a mac so I have no idea if i am doing this stuff correctly. Any help would be appreciated. All tracks are just guitar tracks coming in from a PodXT.

Tyler

P.S. -> as a side note, I am also having constant 6085 and 6095(?) errors telling my to switch my buffer around. I can record one track for about 10-30 seconds before this happens. Argh...