Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2003, 01:03 PM

Default Re: First midi note Hit always missing.

Quote:
Originally posted by DooDooDoo:
Any recommandations for good input quantize set up to start with. Or maybe it's not a quantize issue (I'm not too bad with my fingers).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Which version of PT are you using? I had a similar problem when I used to use 5.1.3. Never figured out why it did that. To get around it, I'd just put an extra note at the beginning before my track started.

I haven't actually had a chance to do any MIDI in 6.1 yet.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:20 PM

You will miss the first midi note if you start recording at the exact part where you want midi note to come in. I always stay in slip mode and start record BEFORE the midi notes start. Even if you use a pre roll to give you a couple measures to come in, you'll still miss the midi note if the record starts at that exact measure. I hope this makes sense, but I have experienced this problem before and this solution fixed it.

Good luck Doo DOo Doo!
Old 07-31-2003, 02:24 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention the most important part. Make sure you record midi in Bars/Beats mode when quantizing. If you're in Minutes/Seconds and then quantize, you'll miss the first note on the one. I guess since the quantize feature is based on bars and beats, using minutes or samples modes can mess you up.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:20 PM

Are you missing the note when you record or when it plays back?Can you see the note and it won't play?If so I think this because the track is sending a program change to the synth at the beginning of playback.You could turn of receive progam change at the synth end or tack a bit of extra region on the front of the track to give the synth enough time to respond.
Or maybe there's some "chase program changes"command in protools preferences that you could turn off.Don't know about that one but it rings a bell so.......
Have fun
Old 08-01-2003, 12:20 AM

Default First midi note Hit always missing.

Any recommandations for good input quantize set up to start with. Or maybe it's not a quantize issue (I'm not too bad with my fingers).