Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2003, 04:21 AM

Default How to make your 001 sound clearer and crisper for $5.00!!

Your only as good as your weakest link. Right? Right! So natuarally, you start with the best mic you can afford, then the cables, the Preamp, converters into the Digi001. Hmmmm still a little muffled? Somethings off and you can't put your finger on it? Well, try getting your ears cleaned!

I noticed that my left ear was duller sounding than the right. It wasn't so obvious until I was mixing a project and everything was off. I panniced because I though I had permanent ear damage in one ear (after recording so many metal and rock bands that demanded everything to be cranked to 11 all the time). I went to the doctor to get my ears checked and, as I'm sure many people know, found out that wax build up was blocking my ear passage. I was told to buy a ear drop kit ($5.00) and so I did (you can also get the docter to do it for you).

After 5 days, I won't get into the details, BOOM my ear opened up! I can't believe how impaired my hearing was. Now I realised that my right ear (suppossed to be the good ear) was dull now to the left! So I treated the other one.

Now I'm back to mixing and things are sounding better than ever. The difference is better than any converter or preamp. Start with clean ears! I recomend that everyone get thier ears checked to see if it's clean. And BTW, Q-tips, according to my docter, are the worst thing you can do to your ears. Q-tips acctually pack the wax deeper in your ear (makes sence).
Jayman #9