Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2003, 07:19 PM

Default plug ins don\'t work with new install

ok, I know I'm becoming the boy who cries wolf, but I'm trying real hard.

I got rid of those pesky freezes I was blaming on PT by not doing all of the windows updates [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

but now with my new install, the stock digi plug-ins are not working like they did before. That is they're not working at all now (I've only tried the stereo compressor and the stereo 4-band eq).

is it possible I installed something the first time that I overlooked this time? Anybody know why they wouldn't work?

another crazy thing is the MBOX stays active even when PT is closed (that is, I close PT and the source audio continues to make its way through to my cheezy audix powered moniters as long as the pc is on) and when PT is open turning the source gain knobs all the way down does not completely turn the input level down, furthermore the mic, line, inst switch seems to have no effect.

when I first hooked up the MBOX this wasn't the case (the input knobs and switches worked correctly I think), but it was that way (the inputs I mean were doing the hardwire input kind of thing) at the time of the reformat. The deal where the plug-ins don't work though is totally new.

Help !!!
Old 05-23-2003, 04:28 AM

Default Re: plug ins don\'t work with new install

bumpity doo da
Old 05-23-2003, 07:52 AM

How is the Mbox connected to the monitors - using the 'Line Outs' or the headphone out?

Old 05-23-2003, 08:47 AM

its connected with the line outs
Old 05-23-2003, 08:50 AM

the monitors are connected to the line outs on the mbox, are the line outs supposed to stay live like that?
Old 05-24-2003, 12:05 AM

ok, I'm building a good rep as a dum dum on this forum I know but I got to thinkin, dangerous you know, but it worked this time

I realize now that the plugi-ins only work on recorded tracks not input [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

the input of my mbox still seems a little funny to me though, not sure if the input level switch should change anything when I'm listening to stereo program in through the analog inputs.

and the input level doesn't go all the way down when I turn the gain knobs down, would it be different if I were recording instruments whether than stereo programming?
Old 05-24-2003, 12:07 AM

i.e. what level (mic, line, or instrument) should my DAT output be? It has the same level with the input switch in all three positions.