Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2014, 01:09 PM

Default Fast Track Ultra 8R Problem

I have a Fast Track Ultra 8R connected to a Windows 7 PC.

I posted this two days ago but realized this thread is probably better.

I have used OK for 18 months and currently experiencing a problem. I tried contacting M-Audio but it seems they don't supply this product now and it appears Avid do. But I can't find any troubleshooting guides of the type that M-Audio used to offer.

My device intermittently loses connection and I can't record or playback sound. The sound software appears to be working as progress bars move but nothing through headphones or speakers.

If I re-boot Windows all is fine until it loses connection again.

I am also noting pops and cracks occasionally.

Any suggestions?

I have subsequently found this on the AVID site.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en417151

Issue: Device not recognized or loses connection with the system.

Workaround: We have identified an issue affecting a small percentage of Fast Track Ultra’s which causes the device to intermittently lose connection with the computer. A fix has been implemented and new units are not susceptible to this malfunction. Since the symptoms of this issue are identical to common system configuration issues, see this FAQ for more information. (But link just points back to same page)

Would appreciate if someone from AVID can explain what existing users can do to solve the problem. Clearly you believe you've fixed it in new models.