How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Name at input fader display

Hi all

i v been user a profile for 4 mth ago ,until today 45 shows , than the last weekend i did two shows with venue, because the air craft d sant, arrive at time to made sound check

to me was so difficult , sidecar its so far!! , to mix!!!! than if possible to put the names at the input fader display , im sure that gonna be very fast to everybody

thanks

kalunga
Old 11-22-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Name at input fader display

I think your complaint is that there is too much control surface for you. If you only have 32 channels you could disconnect the side car and just work from the main surface in 4 layers.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:

...sidecar its so far!! , to mix!!!! than if possible to put the names at the input fader display...
Yes, D-Show is very large, some love it, some love it less! That's why we built Profile!

It sounds like you may have put your sidecar to the left of main. You can place the sidecar to the right of main which may help have your input strips be "closer" to the center, with 8 on the left & 16 on the right. You will need to adjust the bus ID of control surface units to make the sidecar logically appear to the right of main.

If you need 16 inputs on the left (like Profile has), then you can use D-Show 2.6.1 and put blank strips to the left to offset your input strips to the right as much as you need.

Blank strips is a great new feature of 2.6, that helps you place input strips were you want, and indeed with D-Show it's a real blessing!

I hope this helps!
-georges
Old 11-22-2007, 10:39 PM

THANKS

,,I HAVE 43 CH INPUT , AND I USE MOUSE ALL THE TIME .... THAN ITS MORE FAST TO ME SEE AT THE DISPLAY

IT S VERY VERY NICE WAY TO MIX !

I HOPE ONE DAY , IT WIIL BE PUT THE NAME

THANKS

KALUNGA
Old 11-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Avid

Hi,

The channel name is shown in the lower left corner of the screen when you move the mouse over the onscreen channel fader section. Perhaps the text could be larger - would this help, or did you have something else in mind?

Also, there's a keyboard shortcut that can be used to quickly go to any channel: type the channel number ("17") or the first few characters of the channel name ("K" for kick) and the closest match will automatically be targeted. I realize it's not always practical to have the keyboard nearby during the show, but it's quite handy during setup...

Sheldon