Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 10:02 AM

Default NuBus Disk Problems

I'm having increasing problems with hard drives on my PTIII NuBus system - apparently a corrupt directory as I get bursts of the wrong audio, which sometimes goes into a loop. The only remedy seems to be to re-format the drive, however it's liable to happen again before very long.
I'm not sure if this has to be a fault with the disk, or whether it could be the Disk I/O card, ot the PT 4.1.1 software.
I know this is steam-age stuff but is there someone out there who's been there and found the answer?

David
Old 04-01-2001, 10:48 AM

Default Re: NuBus Disk Problems

Sounds more like SCSI termination issues. Be sure everything's properly terminated and that your SCSI cables and connections are good.

-Evan
Old 04-01-2001, 02:42 PM

Termination and connections are fine. I've struggled for years now with a variety of SCSI-related problems, and tried all manner of checks. I really need to know if the symptoms I described could be caused by faulty host rather than the disk?

David
Old 04-01-2001, 02:55 PM

Does it happen with different disks? I assume so if it's been doing it for that long. How big are your partitions? NuBus PTIIIs had a very hard time with anything over 2GB. Have you tried a different SCSI cable?