Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2015, 02:37 PM

Default HDX Interface suggestions/comparisons

Just fell into a DUC black hole while looking for some info so 2 hours later, I'll just ask..... (I think I just suck at the search option)
Have a client building a new studio, strictly music tracking/mixing. (Lots of tracking). Fresh new, fully loaded Macs, at least 32 channel I/O, some sort of mid level console and I've got them most likely in for an HDX system. They were on HD/N with a Lynx Aurora previously (2011) and had hell of a time with monitor latency so looking to avoid it. These guys aren't the most technical so they don't want to waste time playing with buffer settings and all that fun stuff. Been there, done that...
Anywho, looking for suggestions on interfaces... HD IO, Symphony IO, Aurora...etc. What are people finding the best sounding and plays the nicest with HDX these days? Rednet sounds like a great option, but again, probably more complicated than these guys need for a 1 room setup, even if it's just for converters and I don't know enough about tracking through them to push it. I was leaning towards a Symphony, but not sure the +/- compared to comfort of an Avid card talking to an Avid box.

Not that money is no object, but money is not MUCH of an object for this case. Must be nice eh...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.