Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2002, 08:44 AM

Default Analog output gain adjustment

I can't find anywhere that you can ajust the analog output gain. You can adjust the input. I was wondering if by chance this also adjusts the output. Otherwise, if you use the analog i/o for effects loops your return would be a a different level than your send. Anybody know anything about this?
Old 08-04-2002, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Analog output gain adjustment

In a general sense, the master faders adjust the overall output volume, of course. You may assign any track directly to an analog output, too, and that track's output fader will directly control the output.

I think your question centers around creating an analog outboard effect send and return path:

Here's one way to do it that will provide a lot of flexability-

Create a send on the track in question. Send that audio to an analog output. Let's say '5' for example.
Create an Aux input. Route the corresponding analog input ('5') to that Aux. Now you have level control of the signal going to your analog device, and via the Aux input fader, control of the level coming back in.

If you set the send to 'pre-fader' you may then adjust the 'dry' track without affecting the level going out to the analog device.

By adjusting the levels of original dry track and the processed aux track, you may change the balance of the 'dry' to 'wet' ratio for the sounds you want.
Old 08-04-2002, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Analog output gain adjustment

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
In a general sense, the master faders adjust the overall output volume, of course. You may assign any track directly to an analog output, too, and that track's output fader will directly control the output.

I think your question centers around creating an analog outboard effect send and return path:

Here's one way to do it that will provide a lot of flexability-

Create a send on the track in question. Send that audio to an analog output. Let's say '5' for example.
Create an Aux input. Route the corresponding analog input ('5') to that Aux. Now you have level control of the signal going to your analog device, and via the Aux input fader, control of the level coming back in.

If you set the send to 'pre-fader' you may then adjust the 'dry' track without affecting the level going out to the analog device.

By adjusting the levels of original dry track and the processed aux track, you may change the balance of the 'dry' to 'wet' ratio for the sounds you want.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Kinda round about way to handle it, but I'll take it. Thanks!