Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Default HFS+ Disk support installer no longer works

When PT10 came out there was the option to install "Pro Tools HFS+ Disk Support 8.0.6.52", this installer now no longer works on my Win 7 Ultimate x64 system, and also did not work on a friend's Win 8.1 x64.

Having managed to open the setup with WinRar (the initial setup is essentially a self extracting archive containing two folders for x86 & x64, a setup and an autorun) I could extract the x64 MSI file which Windows says it can't run due to Local System Policy settings. I have checked these settings and other MSI files can install programs so Windows is not the problem.

I have managed to get it to install in Windows XP Mode, obviously I don't use this to run Pro Tools or anything else demanding, just for occasional test purposes (and nostalgia), so the setup works on OLDER systems, and it worked on my parents Windows 7 Home Premium Laptop at the same sort of time as it worked on my Windows 7 Pro PC (I upgraded to have an SSD for Windows before I got PT10). I assume there's something the setup requires that is now no longer usable in an updated Windows environment.

I do own an external HDD formatted as HFS+ and had to buy drivers so I could read and write to it on my desktop, and if anything went wrong with the drive I would have to use my parents laptop to fix it which is not ideal.

So my question is, is there an update to this software?