Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 AM

Default Graphics card

Hello, I wuz just wondering if anyone has had luck with the evga GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 HC16 graphics card with protools 7.4 i will be runnin it on the recommended parts in the forums which are the asus p5k delux/wifi with 4 gigs of corsair 1066 dominator ddr2 ram, intel core 2 quad 6600, 003r, reason 3.0 on windows vista home premium everything is runnin smooth except my screen its very laggy when i am working and wont let reason open with protools even with all the latest downloads it just closes out pt completely, my pc base score is 2.8 cuz of the graphics card everything else is at 5.3 or higher wich is why im asking about the card. If anyone else has a different card that they recommend in the 400 dollar range please let me know im trying to get my gpu base score 2 atleast a 5.0 on vista thanks.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Graphics card

nobody?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 AM

Try turning off aero (or whatever its called). this may help.

I don't think vista score means anything in the real world.

If you need another card I would go for ATI 4850. Cheaper and has very similar performance in games. Also works with PT 7.4 at my friend's system with no issues (asus p5k mobo)
Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 PM

Yeah that crossed my mind to so its set for performance with pt vista says that it requires atleast a 3.0 on graphics to run smooth mine is at 2.8 thats probably why my screen cant keep up in time but im wondering if that has anything to do with reason not opening as a rtas plugin with pt like i said before it just says could not load reason engine and shuts down pt all together but runs fine solo, 1 person told me that i have to have reason 4.0 but then other people told me that it should work fine with reason 3.0 and ive upgraded everything else but the gpu and still no fix. The reason why i want a top notch card is so i dont have to keep upgrading right away when newer versions of pt or other come out does anyone else have this laggy screen problem or are my eyes jacked up?
Old 10-02-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roziel View Post
Yeah that crossed my mind to so its set for performance with pt vista says that it requires atleast a 3.0 on graphics to run smooth mine is at 2.8 thats probably why my screen cant keep up in time but im wondering if that has anything to do with reason not opening as a rtas plugin with pt like i said before it just says could not load reason engine and shuts down pt all together but runs fine solo, 1 person told me that i have to have reason 4.0 but then other people told me that it should work fine with reason 3.0 and ive upgraded everything else but the gpu and still no fix. The reason why i want a top notch card is so i dont have to keep upgrading right away when newer versions of pt or other come out does anyone else have this laggy screen problem or are my eyes jacked up?
I have no idea if this will help....I just installed Vista Business 32 to test some stuff with and its running PT fine here with 3 monitors and 2 Diamond Fireglo MV 2200 128MB video cards. While I haven't as yet spent a ton of time working in that particular partition yet so far the screen redraws have been smooth. The FireGlo is a 2D workstation card based of the Radeon X1050 and its about as weak a video card you can get and still run Aero. Everything here is smooth. I have yet to install the AMD/ATI card driver but am running off the standard MS video card driver that installed with Vista. I AM not running Reason though, I'm not sure if your problem lies with not upgrading to Reason 4.0 or the video card/driver. You might try running the standard MS graphics card driver instead of the Nvidea driver. There have been issues of late with the nVidea card drivers and Pro Tools. It's something to try.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88