Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2009, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Audiofinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepad View Post
Not sure if it's something with my PTLE8.0.1 stage rig but I got a couple of PT hangups on Saturday after using Iced's newest spot to PT function. I will see what else may have caused this but it happened twice after trying out the spot to PT function. If someone else could second this we should let Iced know ASAP...he is fantastic about his bug fixes. AF is the only thing I use on my laptop rig since I don't want to haul yet another key around with me to run Soundminer.

Wilson Dyer mpse
Sound Supervisor, NCIS Los Angeles
I think since PT7.4 it wants to see the EXACT same format as the session when spotting from third party apps otherwise PT will crash.

Make sure you are spotting the same fileformat (BWAV AIFF or whatever), Fs and bit-depth.

In the older days PT would simply convert on import but now it simply crashes I think.

Soundminer can auto-detect the session settings to work around this "feature".
Old 09-28-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
I think since PT7.4 it wants to see the EXACT same format as the session when spotting from third party apps otherwise PT will crash.

Make sure you are spotting the same fileformat (BWAV AIFF or whatever), Fs and bit-depth.

In the older days PT would simply convert on import but now it simply crashes I think.

Soundminer can auto-detect the session settings to work around this "feature".
The spot to timecode feature works very well for me. No crashes, even seems to work with old Sd2 files into a WAV session fine with mismatched but depths. It can even spot a region, (though it does create a new file in the source file's path, though there is a workaround for that it seems).
The program just keeps getting better and better.
Simon L.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:51 AM

I don´t have any problems with mismatched formats. 24 bit & 44.1 into 16 bit & 48 at least works fine. Wav and aif too. However mp3 doesn´t work. ( Drag n drop works fine so it is no biggie.)

I think the reason I don´t have any problems with mismatched formats is because of the workaround i posted.

"set the "processing output folder" to a folder in the system disc. In PT set the system disc to transfer only. This makes PT import the file into the session adio folder."

(quoting my self. Wow that is always a nice feeling. Makes me feel all wise and stuff.)

When PT imports the file it will handle the conversion. And PT of course knows what to convert the file into.