Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2016, 04:44 PM

Default Re: PT 10.3.10 on Win7 + UAD-2 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
wow...did you said to have installed the lastest audio card drivers ? ( RME )
Likely. I updated about a week or two ago. With those guys though, it's possible there's a new one. Version I'm running is from Feb. 5 of this year...

...just checked, yes, this is the current version.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:20 PM

ok try changing the DEP on windows .

always on , always off etc. see if makes a change .

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disabl...ion-prevention

Last edited by jeam25; 03-21-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
ok try changing the DEP on windows .

always on , always off etc. see if makes a change .

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disabl...ion-prevention
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

The video card driver change has been a huge help so far. I've only had the one crash described above in almost 5 hours of runtime. Current uptime is 3 hours, all but maybe 5 or 10 minutes has been active mixing and/or tracking.

Nicely, the last crash didn't totally bork the session I was working on. Reboot, begin mixing again (to a session copy, naturally).

Again, thanks for all the help, it's been great to have a sounding board that's been there!

edit: I also disabled "extra buffering" and enabled "CPU optimization" in the UAD control panel after the last crash.

Last edited by newfuturevintage; 03-21-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfuturevintage View Post
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

The video card driver change has been a huge help so far. I've only had the one crash described above in almost 5 hours of runtime. Current uptime is 3 hours, all but maybe 5 or 10 minutes has been active mixing and/or tracking.

Nicely, the last crash didn't totally bork the session I was working on. Reboot, begin mixing again (to a session copy, naturally).

Again, thanks for all the help, it's been great to have a sounding board that's been there!

edit: I also disabled "extra buffering" and enabled "CPU optimization" in the UAD control panel after the last crash.
Ive been there ..so im glad its better ... yes the extra buffering off helps sometimes...you might want to disable the " Enable CPU optimization " on UA control panel too as is suggested by them to run with Protools .
Old 03-24-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Ive been there ..so im glad its better ... yes the extra buffering off helps sometimes...you might want to disable the " Enable CPU optimization " on UA control panel too as is suggested by them to run with Protools .
Will make this happen...I'd actually done that and been running that way for a long time, but was just so fed up I enabled it to try something.

I think the video card driver is the most likely suspect. Of all the things tried, this has made the biggest impact. Was able to open formerly 'bad' sessions, and have about 8 hours of mixtime on sessions that were problematic in the past with only one crash so far.

Only new thing that's cropped up was a distorted bounce-to-disk mix. The session played perfectly when not bouncing (all conversions set to 'after bounce'), but was distorted on bounce. Relaunching PT cleared it up.

Last thing if anyone has a quick answer: about 50-60% of the time when I bounce, the count-down meter comes up, mix begins, the screen quickly flashes once, then the count-down stops.

When this happens, I can't ESC or ctrl+. abort the mix. Gotta wait until it finishes. The mix is clean, and it will finish correctly, I just can't cancel if I hear something I want to change. Any ideas?

Thanks!