Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 10-07-2006, 10:58 PM

Default New M Powered Interface for Pro Tools

Hello. M Powered gets a fantastic new toy in the NRV10. You guys remember the Mackie ONYX Firewire mixers? Same deal here. An M Audio analog mixer works as the hardware I/O for Pro Tools M Powered. 8 X 2 mixer, 24/96 AD DA, 4 mono mic pres, 1 stereo. It includes a real cool effects send and return capability which does VST plug ins. About $900 beans MSRP, I would imagine $750 or smackers on the street. It's an outboard mixer, it's I/O, it is NOT a controller. Very cool though. Sometime in November probably for release.

However LE 7.3 will also come along and sort of catch up with the TDM version but no multiple video tracks for LE, or simple video editing, or VCA tracks, or Volume Trim automation timeline on the Edit window. As far as I could tell a lot of the really fantastic part of 7.2 for TDM did not make it to LE 7.3. Bummer.

Nothing written in stone, all subject to change, etc, etc.