Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-25-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Where to send Digi001 for Hardware Exchange?

I've called Digidesign customer support twice and been on hold for over an hour. I've also sent two e-mails to Digidesign customer support and received the "we'll get back to you within three days" auto response - and it's been four days since I sent the second e-mail.

I have a really simple question: Where do I send my old Digi001 now that I've received my Digi002 from my dealer? The box that the Digi002 came in has two different addresses listed. Also, do I need to send anything with the hardware (copy of my receipt, return authorization, etc.)?

I thought that it used to be the case that one would return the Digi001 through the dealer, but the sales guy told me that I'm responsible for returning it to Digidesign. He wasn't sure where to send it.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 04-25-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Where to send Digi001 for Hardware Exchange?

Did you try customer service or technical support? Since you're not calling for technical help, you should talk to customer service or sales, both of which are easier to get a hold of than support.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Did you try customer service or technical support? Since you're not calling for technical help, you should talk to customer service or sales, both of which are easier to get a hold of than support.
I called customer service both times and I've e-mailed customer service twice. Here is the start of the form e-mail: "Thank you for inquiring with Digidesign Customer Service Administration. Typically, you should hear back from us within 3 business days."

I don't know why it is taking them so long to get back to me. The first e-mail was sent on the 13th and the second was on the 21st. I'm hoping one of you has a quick answer to my questions.

Bryan
Old 04-25-2006, 05:24 PM

Same here with me.

Bought the exchange, and the salesman thought it would come with some sort of return slip for the 001. It didn't. He called to check with Digidesign and never got a return call. This was from April 4th.

I figured that perhaps they would send me a return slip of some sort after I registered my exchange. They never did.

There is no way I'm going to send it back without some sort of official return authorization. I suppose if they try to bill me, at least I'll have some sort of reference with which to return it. But at this point it's not clear to me that Digidesign even knows that I purchased a HW exchange.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:32 PM

I just received an e-mail from Bill Lackey at Digidesign and he is helping to get everything squared away.

Here is an excerpt from the e-mail that will hopefully help others out in the future:

"Each Hardware exchange gear return is assigned an RMA #. That number is very important because it what ties the return to the customer . Without that number we have no way to track the return. Digidesign also supply's you with a Fedex Account number specifically for this purpose so we can cover the price of the return shipping.

The information for the return is actually included on the packing list on the 002 or 002 rack box, the salesperson is to pass this information along to customers. Unfortunately in some cases case that information can get lost and for whatever reason never finds it's way to the customer; which is what sounds like happened in your case. Additionally, we also send out letters to the Exchange customers with the return information, the information can also be given to you by our Presales Department by calling 800-333-2137."

It sounds like everything will be worked out shortly.

Bryan
Old 04-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Avid

Thanks very much Bryan - In the US and Canada, although sometimes dealers can and will assist with the returns, for Pro Tools LE Exchanges the gear is generally sent back directly by the customer to Digidesign. Yes, the RMA # is very important; gear should not sent back without one. We are happy to cover the return shipping. If your dealer has not conveyed the return information to you from the packing list please call our Presales Department at 800-333-2137; we can look up the information for you. We also send out letters to our Hardware Exchange customers as well but our records inevitibaly will have some outdated addresses.

If you are outside the US or Canada; all returns are handled by your dealer. Please contact them or your local DIgidesign office for more information.

Thanks! - Bill Lackey, Digidesign Telesales