Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2013, 02:37 PM

Default Clicked Save. Deleted my session. Help!

So don't know what to do. I was working on a session, and when I clicked save, it said pro tools can't save because it cannot find the session. Then when I looked in my session folder the session was gone! What happened, I have been working days on this record and poof gone. Please help! Its not in my recylce bin, and the there are no automatic backups either!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Clicked Save. Deleted my session. Help!

Anything in the session backups folder?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 AM

Default Re: Clicked Save. Deleted my session. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowetic View Post
So don't know what to do. I was working on a session, and when I clicked save, it said pro tools can't save because it cannot find the session. Then when I looked in my session folder the session was gone! What happened, I have been working days on this record and poof gone. Please help! Its not in my recylce bin, and the there are no automatic backups either!
You don't have autosave in PT turned on? If you do then what is the save interval and how many saves is it set to keep?
Mac or Windows - you haven't given any clue as to your computer setup.
Are you recording/saving to an external drive and hopefully that drive not a green drive or set to sleep? If it's a green drive it could have gone to sleep and if you're on Windoze and it's a USB connected drive in an energy saving move Windoze will shut down the USB ports (but this can be disabled).

QAPLA!