Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM

Default Brand new one omf bug

I Import OMF of a reel
I start to edit,
If I accidently dbl click a region and I hit hit enter (because I didnt mean to rename) .. and the region gets a blank name
I get a error -35, then in about 10 sec I get the volume error, and my original OMF fle gets renamed to the filename I accidently messed with on my HD and from there on everything crashes..

I can replicate this errror, thats why im posting here..

My work around is keeping a copy of my OMF in a folder , and constantly copying it to its need to be place...
AND working a bit slower

and now im on reel 03 and yess people this is real...

Pt 10.3.3 NATIVE
OS 10.7.5
2x2.66 quad
32gb
Old 01-28-2013, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Brand new one omf bug

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2652460/Scr...14.06%20PM.png

and here is where everything stops...
Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggiT View Post
If I accidently dbl click a region and I hit hit enter (because I didnt mean to rename) ..
I'm not sure that user error constitutes a bug.

If you accidentally double-click a region and the re-naming dialog box comes up, just hit escape and the dialog box will close with no changes. You also might want to look at tweaking your double-click speed in your Mouse prefs if you tend to double-click by accident often.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggiT View Post
I Import OMF of a reel
I start to edit,
If I accidently dbl click a region and I hit hit enter (because I didnt mean to rename) .. and the region gets a blank name
I get a error -35, then in about 10 sec I get the volume error, and my original OMF fle gets renamed to the filename I accidently messed with on my HD and from there on everything crashes..

I can replicate this errror, thats why im posting here..

My work around is keeping a copy of my OMF in a folder , and constantly copying it to its need to be place...
AND working a bit slower

and now im on reel 03 and yess people this is real...

Pt 10.3.3 NATIVE
OS 10.7.5
2x2.66 quad
32gb

Check your task manager window when you do this, chances are PT is still rendering wave forms. In that case, you need to wait until the whole OMF renders.

The other thing that comes to mind, is that you did not 'copy' files on OMF import, and its still linking to a possible embedded OMF.

Hit escape instead of enter, when you accidentally rename.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:22 AM

thnx...