Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2011, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Where are the 003 drivers ????

Shure im gonna do ...you can count on that !!!

Thanks .
Old 10-20-2011, 11:33 PM

If all Win 7 (64) 003 users are having a problem, then it is the driver. Is there anyone with Win 7 using a 003 that is working fully I would love to see their Sandra report. Why does a generic ASIO driver (ASIO4ALL) work better than the driver from the hardware's manufacturer? I also have the same problem on several different PCs (2 laptops, and 1 desktop), using several different interfaces (003R, MBox3mini, MBox2mini, MBox2 micro). The only common factor is Avid's drivers. Infact the only time I don't have a problem, is when I use the motherboard sound on PT9.

Instead of asking for Sandra reports, and never actual doing anything. Maybe spend the time and build a working Win7 ASIO driver from scratch.

I've wasted too much money with Avid to not try. I know Avid is a sinking ship, but pump out the water and fix the hull. PT was great once, that is why it is industry standards. get back to that! But I'm done pumping my money into Avid, I'll jump ship to other manufacturers. And based on the stock prices for this year, I'm not the only one.

Avid is on the way out, hopefully they can recover before the layoffs begin.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:43 PM

Dism,my obsession is pathological? like caused from a disease?

yes, you are correct. The disease is Gary Greenfield. Ever since he took over Avid has been dropping the ball.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
You've posted many times in many threads and, if I recall correctly (which, in itself, is a feat given how many posts I read in a day) I haven't seen a thread or post from you with specifics about the problems you're having, nor a Sandra report.

Now, if I'm wrong on that account, please feel free to email me directly with links to your posts that provide that information and I'll dig in to see if I can help address them.

vi [at] digidesign [dot] com

Please include a link to this thread as well in the body or subject of the message.
Ok . I sent you the email. And i can sent you more from others users if you want but why boother just read what dwells says and joe the lucca for example .

And to let you know ive test a fast track not PRO a simple fast track
and it crushed my 003 console running solid rock stable . on the same system ! no crack no noise on quick punch no midi freeze no false play ....well you name it .
Old 10-21-2011, 04:31 AM

Maybe the problem is a misreading of the pt10 installer dialog? I'm on a mac, but I almost fell into the trap, because I was in a hurry, wanted to install it etc etc.

When you first run the pt10 installer, there is a slightly confusing dialog that talks about the pro tools uninstaller. I almost uninstalled, thinking that it was saying i needed to uninstall pt9 first. But when you read it carefully, it is actually only talking about where you find the uninstaller should you need to uninstall. It doesn't actually say that you need to uninstall pt9 before installing pt10.

Anyway, I installed pt10 over pt9.05 and can report that 003 audio and midi is working fine here.

If you look back to when pt9 came out and there were big issues with 003 driver installation/deinstallation, I was the guy who did a detailed troubleshoot and posted the way to resolve it here in the forum, prior to Avid delivering the official solution, so I was a bit jittery about what possible issues might arise with pt10 installation.

But, I'm happy to say, audio and midi via 003 is working fine here.

My guess is that as we have downloaded pt10 upgrades, and there are no pt10 drivers, the upgrade relies on an existing pt9 install with its drivers. When you uninstalled pt9 prior to installing pt10, you left the 003 with no driver for pt.

Hopefully, when you reinstall the pt9 003 driver, everything will kick into place.

Cheers,

Nigel
Old 10-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Ok . I sent you the email. And i can sent you more from others users if you want but why boother just read what dwells says and joe the lucca for example .

And to let you know ive test a fast track not PRO a simple fast track
and it crushed my 003 console running solid rock stable . on the same system ! no crack no noise on quick punch no midi freeze no false play ....well you name it .
Hey digitech..... 4 days ago and no feedback yet . Sent you everything you asked.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:23 AM

Nothing yet ............!!!!!!!!

*Im keeping this post alive because i dont want anymore poor support ...i appologize
to anyone here that this action can be annoying BUT im trying to make a point so
be patient and thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Nothing yet ............!!!!!!!!

*Im keeping this post alive because i dont want anymore poor support ...i appologize
to anyone here that this action can be annoying BUT im trying to make a point so
be patient and thanks
No offense, but keeping this post alive isn't going to improve support. It's a public forum with 125k members and just one tech support guy.

IdeaScale is the best place to express expectations.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-25-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
No offense, but keeping this post alive isn't going to improve support. It's a public forum with 125k members and just one tech support guy.

IdeaScale is the best place to express expectations.

jajaj no problem i know that Dism . I know that there gonna see it at sime point.
The thing is that i want to make it this way for a future case related to this . but thanks .
Old 10-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Avid

Quote:
jajaj no problem i know that Dism . I know that there gonna see it at sime point.
The thing is that i want to make it this way for a future case related to this . but thanks .
Sorry, I'll get to your case just as soon as I can - with the release of Pro Tools 10 I've been completely inundated keeping up with posts on the various forums and websites that I monitor.