Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 11:42 PM

Default Crossfade question for Phil...

Phil,
On the crossfade function (Ctrl/F) you showed me, lately I've been getting this almost constantly:

"The fade length you have selected exceeds the region bounds of one or more of the regions...Adjust? OR Skip?"

Now usually I would choose 'Adjust' and it would do a successful crossfade anyway.
But, lately when I choose 'Adjust', I keep getting this:

"The fade is too short. It must be at least 4 samples long."

Now regardless of whether I widen the crossfade area (the highlighted area) or not, I keep getting the same messages.

What do you suppose I'm doing wrong?

Thanks very much, Roy
Old 07-09-2002, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Crossfade question for Phil...

I'm not Phil, but I think this happens when the regions have no overlaping area to be faded together.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:51 AM

I'm hopin to hear from Phil too on this...
Old 07-10-2002, 01:17 PM

Phil...as usual, you nailed it... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] click's gone.

Thanks so much! Roy

p.s.Thank you too, Jason...
Old 07-10-2002, 05:52 PM

Cool! Glad I could help ya Roy.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 07-10-2002, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonWorrel:
I'm not Phil, but I think this happens when the regions have no overlaping area to be faded together.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">when this happens, as long as the regions are adjoining, you can create a very, very small fade out on the region to the left and a very, very small fade in on the region to the right. as long as they're very small, it will repair the click....
Old 07-11-2002, 12:11 AM

Here's what happened. Use the ] or [ tool to pull back the adjoining regions. I'll bet money that if you then zoom in on the area, you'll find a tiny little THIRD region that you left over when trimming... delete it and "reattach" the two regions and try it again. Your problem will go away. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The program's trying to crossfade with that tiny region, and it's too small... while YOU'RE thinking it's failing on the two LARGER regions.

Don't feel bad... it's happened to me a few times too! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonWorrel:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If there's no overlap to the regions, you get a similar, but somewhat different message asking if you'd like to adjust... and if you hit "Okay", the process works just fine. It simply does the overlap for you.

Roy's error is different. Again, I'd be willing to bet money that he's got a tiny sliver of a region in between / "under" the two he's trying to crossfade, and the program's trying to crossfade to THAT instead of the regions he's intending to use.

Old 07-11-2002, 12:30 AM

Thanks Phil...I'm about to open the problem session now....will post back.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 AM

I realize this is 15 years later, but the internet never lets go of information. Perhaps Phil will see this if he's still around on the website. That issue he described of the tiny third region is exactly what I had! Thank you so much, you just saved me a ton of trouble and frustration. In my case, the third region caused a double crossfade, two next to each other, that also introduced a small piece of sound from somewhere in the recording.

Thanks again!