Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2009, 03:08 PM

Question Pt 7.4 crashes when opening a certain song, help!!

If they had an icon that showed I was about to throw up, I would put it.
Ok so I am nearly finished mixing this song... I am 3 DAYS into it and it is pretty heavily loaded with plug ins, side chains etc, but nothing unusual. So I close it out and later I go back into it and upon loading all the way up to where in is JUST about to open the session, the "THIS APPLICATION MUST CLOSE, SEND ERROR REPORT" .It opens the session and I can SEE IT, but it won't click on anything, so i know its there. And it does it EVERY TIME NOW on JUST THIS SONG. Other songs open fine. I even tried renaming the file and copying all the audio tracks into a new folder, same thing. Does ANYONE have any clue what is the problem and how I can fix it? Any help is MUCHHHH appreciated.

System is XP home (lost my pro cd) SP2
Mbox 2 PRO
3.0 GHZ Pentium dual core
4 GB ram.
LOTS of plug ins.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Pt 7.4 crashes when opening a certain song, help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdnmusic View Post
If they had an icon that showed I was about to throw up, I would put it.
Ok so I am nearly finished mixing this song... I am 3 DAYS into it and it is pretty heavily loaded with plug ins, side chains etc, but nothing unusual. So I close it out and later I go back into it and upon loading all the way up to where in is JUST about to open the session, the "THIS APPLICATION MUST CLOSE, SEND ERROR REPORT" .It opens the session and I can SEE IT, but it won't click on anything, so i know its there. And it does it EVERY TIME NOW on JUST THIS SONG. Other songs open fine. I even tried renaming the file and copying all the audio tracks into a new folder, same thing. Does ANYONE have any clue what is the problem and how I can fix it? Any help is MUCHHHH appreciated.

System is XP home (lost my pro cd) SP2
Mbox 2 PRO
3.0 GHZ Pentium dual core
4 GB ram.
LOTS of plug ins.
It more than likely a dodgy plug. Create a new session and import session data.

seamus
Old 01-22-2009, 05:01 PM

try this one, fire up pro tools, make it a single core, open recent project, go back to multi core, and you're good. oh, and change the "dodgy plug".
Old 01-22-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefty View Post
try this one, fire up pro tools, make it a single core, open recent project, go back to multi core, and you're good. oh, and change the "dodgy plug".
Please forgive the ignorance, but how do you change to single core? and thanks for the advice guys.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:58 PM

Thumbs up Re: Pt 7.4 crashes when opening a certain song, help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shea View Post
It more than likely a dodgy plug. Create a new session and import session data.

seamus
THANKS! That worked... I really appreciate it. So damn simple... lol. I feel like when you have a pencil in your ear and you are looking around for it and can't find it. Truly a "duh" moment. Thanks again!