Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2019, 11:13 AM

Default AvidAppManHelper.exe / page faults / stalling

After moving from PT First to subscribed PT, I've had a few problems; mainly with video/input response time hanging -- that is, the playback will continue, but the cursor display stops and jumps -- plus knob adjustment with the mouse will not respond, but then suddenly will jump -- highly annoying.

This doesn't occur running PT First.

The biggest difference I've seen after installing PT full is with AvidAppManHelper.exe.
It starts and stops every few seconds, and reports trillions of page faults (no, really).

There are no resource issues in the System Usage monitor; a filtered procmon trace reports the usual microsoft problems but nothing unusual. I followed the KB reco for optimizing Windows 10.

Can AvidAppManHelper.exe be removed, or disabled ? How (i tried to follow steps from a really old thread but it no longer applies) ?

Thanks for any advice / referral / commiseration.

J