Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-09-2017, 11:19 AM

Default Headrush Pedalboard from InMusic

The HeadRush Pedalboard is a guitar amp and FX modeling processor with first-ever interactive 7-inch touch display and a finely tuned quad-core processor, powered by exclusive Eleven HD Expanded™ DSP software.

http://www.headrushelectronics.com/

NAMM 2017: New USA-based guitar tech company HeadRush has announced its first product, the HeadRush Pedalboard multi-effects processor.

Developed by the team behind Avid's Eleven DSP, HeadRush boasts a quad-core processor and Eleven HD Expanded DSP, which aim to deliver "the most versatile, realistic-sounding and responsive" models ever found in a floorboard guitar FX processor.

A seven-inch touchscreen handles the bulk of editing, offering drag-and-drop rig creation and clear visual feedback

The pedal's 12 footswitches each feature their own OLED displays, while a seven-inch touchscreen handles the bulk of editing, offering drag-and-drop rig creation and clear visual feedback - handy when using hands-free editing.

There are no full specs on model types yet, but HeadRush promises a "generous and diverse offering", including amp, cabinet FX and microphone models, as well as the ability to load custom impulse response files.

It's also touting unique features, including gapless preset switching, a 20-minute-plus looper, the ability to peel off loop layers in the reverse order they were added and more.

HeadRush Pedalboard is available in Q1 2017 for £899.99 - we'll be seeking out more information from the show floor.
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Intel Haswell-E Processors 3.3GHz Core i7-5820K 6-Core; Memory - DDR4: 16GB DDR4-2400 Quad Channel (4 x 4GB); Primary Drive (OS): 240GB SSD SATA3; Secondary Drive (Audio): 2TB 7200 rpm SATA2; Graphic Card: 1GB (HD5450) Dual Display Graphics Card; Optical Drive: 22x CD/DVD Dual Layer Burner; Windows 10 64-bit; PT 12.5; Studio One Pro 3.2; Cubase Pro 8.5; REAPER; MixBus 3

Last edited by Fezzler; 01-09-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Team behind Eleven launches new company/pedalboard: HeadRush

It's the 'Eleven HD DSP' part that really intrigues me...
Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM

"Eleven Expanded DSP", and it even uses the Eleven logo!

And there's a disclaimer: Eleven® is a registered trademark of Avid Technology.

Besides Eleven Rack expansion pack models, there are:

82 LEAD 800 BASS MOD
89 SL-100 EXT RANGE
82 LEAD 800 BRIGHT
67 BLACK SHIMMER
59 DELUXE GAIN MOD
68 PLEXI EL84 MOD
66 AC HI BOOST MOD
69 BLUE LINE SCOOP
Old 01-09-2017, 08:11 PM

Well, that's exiting news
Old 01-09-2017, 08:17 PM

I talk a bit about the announcement here. What I like is the addition of a Whammy, Harminator, and you can use IR's.

There are 33 amp models, but there are also 33 amp models in the Eleven Rack + ERXP.... So I'm not sure if they changed names, did new models, or what exactly. Looking at the models it looks like they may have just changed the names of the DC (Digidesign Custom) amps. But does the "Eleven HD Expanded" sound better?

I would prefer a rack unit personally. And something that can model real amps like the Kemper or Bias Head. Bias Head and Bias Amp are cool because you can control everything about the amp. I wonder if that functionality is in the HeadRush? Guess we will have to wait and see. It looks like a cool unit for sure, and the Eleven team is very respected, will keep an eye on this one.

http://www.headrushfx.com/

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-09-2017, 08:39 PM

So any confirmation which team members they are talking about? Chris Townsend himself?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
So any confirmation which team members they are talking about? Chris Townsend himself?
Doubt its Chris as this has been his new venture
https://townsendlabs.com/

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-09-2017, 09:53 PM

Well without Townsend the "team" story would be a bit weak...
Old 01-10-2017, 04:03 AM

From various sources (official headrush fb page, miss Longfield (the endorser), etc):
  • the amps/cabs models that are listed are the same as found in 11r+expansion pack, but they are rebuild from scratch to use the full power of the quad core dsp
  • More amps will be added before launch with firmware updates (no clue about which ones).
    No idea if there will be a costant flow of updates in functionality/models like helix/ax8/kemper units
Old 01-10-2017, 06:09 AM

Definitely curious about this one. The 11R always sounded good, so with enhanced models and IR loading, it should be able to hang with any other modeler.

I also wonder what this means for the Eleven plug-in. Will we see enhanced versions or an IR loader?

Also would be cool if the HeadRush had PT integration. I highly doubt it, but you can dream.

System Details