Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-10-2020, 06:19 AM

Default Need the free V4 Bomb Factory for the Digi001 PT6.4LE

I have fired up my Digi001 to restore some old projects from 2000-2005.
I've successfully got the old rig running on WinXP with ProTools 6.4. But I am missing the Bomb Factory plugins I originally had.
I remember Digidesign/bombfactory giving version 4 away for free but can't find it online anywhere unsurprisingly.

Do any of you have this free Bombfactory plugins installer? Avid, is it still in your archive for download anywhere?

This link mentions the free download but the link is dead: http://archive.digidesign.com/downlo...y/legacy/#free

Although managed to find this link in the archive: http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=23115
But it's the LE version I am after.

Last edited by smit1_uk; 02-10-2020 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old 02-12-2020, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Need the free V4 Bomb Factory for the Digi001 PT6.4LE

Is there any reason to not bring those old sessions into the 21st century and mix on a current system? Just do a Save Copy In..., set the copy to convert to wave and check the box to Enforce Mac/PC Compatibility. The copy should open on any current PT setup

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-13-2020, 02:59 AM

I tried opening them in a new version of Pro Tools but it didn't work.

I can hear the sessions using the old rig, but there are a lot of plug-ins missing.

It is these that I am missing: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...eadme/en210945

All the download links online are dead, hoping someone has them on an old hard drive somewhere?
Old 02-13-2020, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Is there any reason to not bring those old sessions into the 21st century and mix on a current system? Just do a Save Copy In..., set the copy to convert to wave and check the box to Enforce Mac/PC Compatibility. The copy should open on any current PT setup
I probably will end up exporting the wavs and remixing but would like to get the originals working again.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:26 PM

Were the originals recorded in SD II format? PT10 is the newest version of PT that will recognize SD II(and that's only on a Mac). If the sessions won't open on PT10 or older(and you are on a Mac), then maybe its a bad plugin, so try holding the SHIFT key while you open an old session. That will make all plugins inactive. Once you get a session to open, then you can do the "save copy In" as I described earlier. Once an old session is converted to wave, and has the Mac/PC compatibility enabled, the session copy SHOULD open on any modern PT rig(with inactive plugins).

As I recheck things, I see you do have an old XP machine working, but, were these sessions recorded on this PC? If yes, then the file format is already wave and its likely a bad plugin(SHIFT key to the rescue, I hope). If they were recorded on a Mac system, your best hope is to find an older Mac system to open the sessions(my old studio kept a G4/Mbox for just this sort of thing).

At this point, I'd not worry much about missing plugins and concentrate on just getting sessions to open. Once you get them open, then you have some options on what you actually can do with them.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-14-2020, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
At this point, I'd not worry much about missing plugins and concentrate on just getting sessions to open. Once you get them open, then you have some options on what you actually can do with them.
I can open the sessions. My 001 had been dismantled and in the loft for over 10 years. I found an old hard drive that must have been in my Pro Tools rig so thought I'd try to restore the sessions.
I still had an old AthlonXP box so installed the 001 and WinXP and it works fine. The sessions open ok but because it's a fresh install of PT6.4LE lots of the plug-ins I used are missing.