Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-23-2020, 11:54 AM

Default FX Collection by Arturia

Very interested on the special. Any feedback from users would be cool ?

Old 09-24-2020, 05:01 AM

Default Re: FX Collection by Arturia

If this is the one that has their emulation of a Mutron Bi-phase I'd give it a real skeptical look. Coming from someone who worked for Musitronics back in the early 70's and helped with it's development the Arturia emulation is lacking in the heft of the original. Very thin sound. This is a shame considering how great their instruments and other plugins are.

Demo it and see for yourself.

General rant: it's a shame that no developer seems to be able to do a decent job on emulating Musitronics's stompboxes whether it's IKMM, Arturia or whomever. The IK Mutron III envelope follower is a screeching mess that needs a LOT of input signal.

QAPLA!
Old 09-25-2020, 03:54 PM

Thank you for the information sir. Heard great feedback on Klanghelm plugins.

Old 09-29-2020, 02:50 AM

I have these. It began as one $50 crossgrade when they released their first lot of plugins, the next thing you know I've managed to crossgrade their whole effects collection.

I've used them a little, not as much as I should have though. Not yet any way. Not enough to give any solid feedback. Well the Pres and Comps I can, I've used them the most. Personally I like all the added functionality they've thrown in, it can be really convenient just having it there. Sonically I think they sound great too.

The dbx works great on bass and drums, like the original, the STA-Level is awesome on vocals, but you can use these compressors on other things as well. The Pres inject a really nice color with 3 different flavours to play around with. If you want to go for a vintage sound, for example, the V76 would give you. good place to start.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:06 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Warren Huart digs them as well.

Old 09-29-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Warren Huart digs them as well.
Means squat to me. I don't buy plugins because some desk jockey likes them.

QAPLA!
Old 10-01-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Means squat to me. I don't buy plugins because some desk jockey likes them.
I appreciate any help from anyone who has experience using any form of tools and I've learned a lot especially from Warrens videos. I imagine he's not a total desk jockey as you imply, although Warren has won the 2019 NAMM TEC Awards for Audio Education Technology for his website. I guess I'm a student for life from everyone I can learn from.

Old 10-02-2020, 05:28 AM

Quote:
I appreciate any help from anyone who has experience using any form of tools and I've learned a lot especially from Warrens videos. I imagine he's not a total desk jockey as you imply, although Warren has won the 2019 NAMM TEC Awards for Audio Education Technology for his website. I guess I'm a student for life from everyone I can learn from.
Never said that I can't learn from Warren or anyone else, just that what I buy is not influenced by someone using it. I've tried some so-called 'highly regarded/highly recommended' stuff that was a bitter disappointment. That's why I love demo s/w and equipment. If I try it and it bites the big one then it gets deleted or returned.

OTOH I've also had the opposite happen where whatever it was made me as happy as can be and really helped my music.

QAPLA!
Old 11-16-2020, 03:47 AM

Quote:
That's a good attitude to have man. Never stop learning, never stop being open to knew ideas and new tech, especially in this game.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Never said that I can't learn from Warren or anyone else, just that what I buy is not influenced by someone using it. I've tried some so-called 'highly regarded/highly recommended' stuff that was a bitter disappointment. That's why I love demo s/w and equipment. If I try it and it bites the big one then it gets deleted or returned.

OTOH I've also had the opposite happen where whatever it was made me as happy as can be and really helped my music.
I understand. I'll generally take recommendations into consideration, but make up my own based on the kind of aesthetics and functionality that the plugin offers.

It's the same when comes to thing like "everyone uses SSL compressor on the master bus, so I should do that as well". Again, I like to take the production into consideration and service it based on what I think it needs, rather than have it service me because of some preconceived notion provided by someone else.

It pays to question and be more open minded.