Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-10-2001, 04:29 PM

Default Crash after \'bounce to disk\' in 5.1.1

It seems the be a session that is corrupt.( or whats in the session ) It crashes 2 systems while other more DSP hungry sessions bounce to disk fine. Converting or not, bouncing any portion of this session causes a crash at the end of the bounce. A new session was created, tracks imported, still a crash. The only different thing in this session is the use of an RTAS plugin in addition to the TDM. Has anyone else experienced this when using TDM and RTAS simultaneously?

I am running a G4 533mhz, OS 9.1 ,512 RAM, mix++, ATTO dual, Glyph Pro Tools Trip, Appian dual port AGP card.
Old 09-11-2001, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Crash after \'bounce to disk\' in 5.1.1

I get crashes after a bounce to disk if ProTools is no longer the front application.
saltminer
Old 09-11-2001, 05:07 AM

I too had problems 'bounce to disk' when I upgraded to 5.1. After much seaching, scatching of heads, re-boots, different hard disk drivers,scsi cards etc etc... I finally solved it by REMOVING the Newtech G4 processor card out of the 9600 and replacing the original 350mhz card. All is now well. SPEED kills....

System:
350 9600
tdm pt 5.1.1 (now)
888/24
pt24,mix farm,2*farms.
2*9gig scsi drives
ATTO scsi card.

hope this helps sombody.
Old 09-11-2001, 10:58 AM
Avid

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Rob Macomber:
...The only different thing in this session is the use of an RTAS plugin in addition to the TDM. Has anyone else experienced this when using TDM and RTAS simultaneously?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-What error(s) are posted?
-What RTAS plug-ins are you using in the session?

-There is a bug in Pro Tools TDM that causes type 2 errors during a Bounce To Disk when using the D-Verb RTAS plug-in.

Brent
Old 01-31-2002, 09:23 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I save so much time reading the DUC rather that trying to figure stuff out on my own. The bug with D-Verb RTAS was it for me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]