Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 06:01 PM

Default Intel Based Macs and Protools

I think I know the answer here, but I'm in a tough spot and if there is an answer, I'm sure I'll find it here!

I bought one of the new Intel based I-Macs...Have an MBox with Protools v6.9....Once loaded I get the "not a valid audio volume..." message referenced so may times here. I have tried the adjustments suggested here (regarding the adjustment using the workspace settings).

Is this directly due to the current incompatibility with the new Intel based Macs, or is that statement made merely as a legal protection in case sessions are lost? If there is a way to make this work, I am willing to try it.

i am completely new to the Mac universe, so formatting drives, disk utilities, locations of folders is all new to me. I think myself prety savy, however, so I can work a solution if it is explaned.

Would an external drive solve the problem? If so, any recommendations for workable drives with protools and the new Macs?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Intel Based Macs and Protools

Read the "Compatibility Alert" near the top of the Compatibility pages
Old 04-25-2006, 01:00 AM

Hi, i had a similar problem, and was so annoyed that i've decided to install windows xp on my new imac intel dual. Try "BOOT CAMP" by apple, a super nice program wich allows you to partition your HDD and install windows xp sp2 on one of them. I've done that and installed PT 7.1 and it works perfectly! Until digidesign releases their new compatible version of PT i'm running xp on my imac that's for sure.

/Morten

Imac intel dual 17" 1,83mhZ 2gb ram
digi002r

link: Apple boot camp
Old 04-25-2006, 03:01 AM

When you say it works perfectly have you tried using any MIDI functions yet, as myself and a few others around here that have tried it, have found MIDI to be totally unuseable with PTools on XP with Bootcamp.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:13 AM

Hi Marty,
I'm think there is some issues with ACPI/USB2 bug with the core duos & windows.

Can you please check my thread:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#991972

If you can report if you have any improvement by adding a USB2.0 device to the chain it'll be great...

Thank you.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:45 AM

you will need 7.1.1 averrable in a few weeks

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 PM

I did think about that...partitioning the drive and running XP...does anyone know if the windows media edition is a version of XP or an entirely different animal? That's the only up to date version of a windows product that I have access to. If that would work and I could load version 6.9 on that, I'd be in business...

Thanks for the posts everyone! I was aware of the compatibility issue and the availability of the update in May - but classes end in two weeks and I'm in need of a working system at home otherwise my wife may kill me for spending days in the studios on campus!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 PM

I did think about that...partitioning the drive and running XP...does anyone know if the windows media edition is a version of XP or an entirely different animal? That's the only up to date version of a windows product that I have access to. If that would work and I could load version 6.9 on that, I'd be in business...

Thanks for the posts everyone! I was aware of the compatibility issue and the availability of the update in May - but classes end in two weeks and I'm in need of a working system at home otherwise my wife may kill me for spending days in the studios on campus!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
have found MIDI to be totally unuseable with PTools on XP with Bootcamp.
Word! Impossible to do ANYTHING using MIDI.
Also, i keep getting an error asking to check my Clock Source and Sample Rate. Did anybody got this error?
Can't wait for the 7.1.1
I took my Mac"Cook" Pro back to apple store today. It was overheating and it had a faulty fan. I will pick up the new 17"when it arrives at my local store. I will end up saving $100 since the same config on the 17"is CHEAPER!

2.16GHz Intel Core Duo
1GB 667 DDR2 - 1 SO-DIMM
100GB Serial ATA drive @ 7200 rpm
SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth
Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
15.4-inch TFT Display

Subtotal $2,899.00
----------------------------------
Specifications

2.16GHz Intel Core Duo
1GB 667 DDR2 - 1 SO-DIMM
100GB Serial ATA drive @ 7200 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
AirPort Extreme Card & Bluetooth

17-inch TFT Display

Subtotal $2,799.00

Peace,

Roger

MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 - Pro Tools Ultimate + HD Native + HD OMNI
MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz i7 16GB Ram (Retina, 15-inch, 2016) - Pro Tools Ultimate + Apollo Twin
iMac 27" 3.4 GHz i7 32GB Ram (Late 2012) - Pro Tools Ultimate + Mbox Pro (3rd gen)
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM

Unhappy Re: Intel Based Macs and Protools

hi im eyal im trying to instal pro tools 7.3 on my boot camp everything is going fine on the instaltion but when im trying to opan protools its says cant find any digi hardwere im using the digi002rake on my imac 2gighrz 4gigram
HHHHHHAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!H ALP ME PLEASE!!!