Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-13-2004, 01:41 PM

Default keyboard stops working PT 6.7(cs3?)

-
hello...

my QWERTY keyboard doesn't work every now and again during a PT 6.7 session... Most often, it happened when bouncing to an mp3... tabbing to the next section of info would render my keyboard useless... however, "if my memory serves me well" it happened with plug-in windows, and markers and comments...
Quitting, and reopening the session would often fix the problem.

Quite honestly, i've lost count regarding the CS (including the ones i have in my head from 6.4)... i believe i had the latest, cs3... but am not positive... will check very soon.

any others have this problem?

Also... I had about 5 unexpected quits while opening an earlier session recorded in 6.4... but i haven't done enough trouble shooting to figure out where that problem stems from yet... could be the MBox.. could be a bug in the session file.. could be that 6.7 is causing the usual amount of head-aches one should expect when 'upgrading.'

thanks much! will keep at it...

OS10.3.5 PT6.7cs3?
800Mhz1G ram
PBook
grumpy
=
Old 12-13-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: keyboard stops working PT 6.7(cs3?)

Try hitting return or escape. Adjusting a plugin parameter will hijack some of the keyboard focus commands (esp. with waves plugins).
Old 12-14-2004, 08:26 AM

-
Cobbler,

Thanks for the ideas... unfortunately, ESC and RET don't work either(!!!) it's a total freeze of the keyboard... very, very, very bizarre...

oh dear.......
=
Old 12-14-2004, 12:42 PM
Avid

Hi,

Do you have Quick Keys installed? What happens if you hit CMD-Tab twice, in order to switch to the finder and then back to Pro Tools or click the mouse on the Finder on the dock and then click on Pro Tools. Do you get your keyboard back? Let us know if any of these things helps. If this continues to be a problem please try to nail down what activities seem to cause this so we can try to replicate the behavior.

Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 12-16-2004, 10:41 AM

I've just encountered this behavior as well in 6.7. Here's what happens in my case:

I have Commands Focus turned on.

I select "Bounce..."

Immediately the commands focus turns off. Once the bounce dialog is exited (either by canceling the operation or by finishing it), I return to the session but Commands Focus can't be turned back on. Clicking on the Commands Focus button (which is shown in its "off" state) does nothing.

If I CMD-Tab to the Finder, and CMD-Tab back into the session, Commands Focus turns back on.

It's annoying, but at least it can be worked around.

Mike
Old 12-16-2004, 10:44 AM

... I should also add that the track I'm bouncing in this case has a mono instance of Waves X-noise. No other plugs on the track or in the session.

Mike
Old 05-12-2005, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I've just encountered this behavior as well in 6.7. Here's what happens in my case:

I have Commands Focus turned on.

I select "Bounce..."

Immediately the commands focus turns off. Once the bounce dialog is exited (either by canceling the operation or by finishing it), I return to the session but Commands Focus can't be turned back on. Clicking on the Commands Focus button (which is shown in its "off" state) does nothing.

If I CMD-Tab to the Finder, and CMD-Tab back into the session, Commands Focus turns back on.

I've had the same problem, but I've found you can also get Commands Focus back by hitting Cmd - ` (that's the open single quote mark, upper left on kbd) twice. This switches from the edit window to the mix window and back...voila, your "a...z" indicator lights up again. Digi, has there been any resolution to this problem? Trashing prefs doesn't seem to work. Not a major problem, but it is irritating!

(OS 10.3.7, Pro Tools HD 6.7cs8)

Thanks,
Bryan