Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 AM

Unhappy Massive problem converting from ptx to ptf.. or Worst April Fools Joke Ever!!!

I dont know what happened but my HD10 made the worst error I could imagine today (thank god for i backed up the entire project last night)

I was converting my HD10 ptx sessions to hd 7-9 to ptf sessions, because I am beginning final mix at another studio that only offers HD9... I thought this would be somewhat annoying, because of my love for the added feature of clip gain so i spent much of last night, and today consolidating so the clip gain would stay during conversion, and performing minor updates. (Avid i think we need a consolidate clip gain feature built in, if you are gonna have to drop clip gain, when converting to ptf or whatever format) I performed a save as, and I then used save copy in to convert each of the sessions one by one to ptf files (2 versions of each of the 15 sessions one at 44.1 and another at 96khz)

After finishing everything which took almost 9 hours, I was ready to relax, but i decided to check out the converted files to make sure everything was fine...

but it wasn't!!!!!

All of my automation was all off throughout the session, and not by a justified amount, Im talking scattered all over the session. Now I'm staring at the screen in confusion.

I close out, and try the next session

same thing!!!!!

Now Im worried, and i went to check the originals, all saved from today with the consolidation, and the minor adjustments I performed, with the name of the song and the date 4.01.2012 in the name of the session.

The same thing!!!

I dont know what to think now... A session that was perfectly fine when saved, and then converted was now a mess. the original, the 44.1 and the 96khz all were ruined... for all 15 sessions...Does anyone have any thoughts on what could have possibly happened...