Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2014, 12:44 PM

Default Omni HD and Sound Flower

I'm experimenting with an protocol for audio over IP called ipDTL. I've seen suggestions that Sound Flower will enable me to route ipDTL directly into Pro Tools.

I'm running Omni HD 10.3.7, the one demo I've seen about setting up Sound Flower couples it with regular PT 9.

Is anyone using Sound Flower with Omni HD successfully and could you share tips on making it work. I've tried but seem to be hitting a brick wall and honestly can't grasp what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Wally
Old 02-14-2014, 12:32 PM

Arrow Re: Omni HD and Sound Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleyou26 View Post
I'm experimenting with an protocol for audio over IP called ipDTL. I've seen suggestions that Sound Flower will enable me to route ipDTL directly into Pro Tools.

I'm running Omni HD 10.3.7
I don't think you will be able to do this. Sound Flower acts as a software audio interface. Unless you can create an Aggregate I/O device with Audio MIDI Setup that has both Sound Flower and the Omni, you are not going to be able to get Sound Flower I/O to work with the Omni.

Source-Elements has software (not free) that basically acts like Sound Flower and allows you to get audio into and out of Pro Tools. You may want to check their website for more details. I haven't use this software, I only know of its existence.

Last edited by Chief Technician; 02-14-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-14-2014, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Omni HD and Sound Flower

Thank you Johnathan. I'm familiar with the Source Elements software. I will probably have to implement it at some point. My interest in ipDTL stems from working with VO talent that has no need to use or purchase Pro Tools.

Wally
Old 02-14-2014, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Omni HD and Sound Flower

Just so you know, Source-Connect does not require its users to have Pro Tools. Its now avaiable as a standalone application. Also, they have a new version coming out that is using the Chrome browser as well. Its called Source-Connect Now.

If you want to record any application's output into Pro Tools Source-Nexus will do the trick. When ProTools is running with its own hardware, it does not share or aggregate it with any other hardware or driver. The only way in or out is via an aax plug-in. That is what Source-Nexus does. This will allow a browser driven codec like the new Source-Connect Now or any other application to be routed into and out of Pro Tools.

check out:
https://now.source-elements.com

and
http://source-elements.com/source-nexus/

I hope this helps.