Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2020, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Exporting all individual tracks with effects (including master)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
Take a very simple case - overall bus compressor on the drums: The kick and snare are modulating the overheads and room mics as they hit the compressor - a desirable thing. If you solo the tracks individually to render you lose all of that interaction unless you get really complex with pre-fade sends into a sidechain, but that's fraught with issues too.

So if you know you need to deliver stems you have to build the processing into your template appropriately. If I know the client will need stems for downstream work (esp film/tv) I need to know *ahead* of time what the desired stem breakout is so I can build the processing into the template with that in mind.

There's no pefect way to do what you want to do (in any DAW) - best you can do is render individual tracks with their processing (commit is the fastest but won't get shared reverbs etc), or deliver groups of tracks solo'd and rendered.
Thanks for the straight forward response. I guess that seems to be answer; that the session needs to be made in a way that makes it easy to share. Now that makes me want to ask best practices for sharing groups, but that'll be for another thread. Too bad there is no easy way to do this!
Old 12-20-2020, 12:23 PM

There’s A better way…
Appleton does this when you select, all selected tracks in the bounce dialogue. It just automates a Cue that solos each highlighted group and bounces them Individually…
Bounce butler kind of does this, but you have to set it up, With a lot of save as.
And if a bounce hangs you come back to a spinning Beachball… Something that Ableton doesn’t seem to do as much as Protools ..like never

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 04-21-2021, 01:12 PM

Just bumping this for the "Me Too" effect (if Avid's listening?). Cubase 11's new Bounce function allows this. They have FX Tracks (like for Reverbs) as specific Track Types (like we have Instrument tracks, which combine a MIDI Track with an Aux), which probably makes it easier, architecture-wise.

But I hope that Avid is working on some way of adding this functionality, because the idea of being able to make a Bounce Preset that (sequentially, but offline) bounces each of my FolderTracks, PLUS the Send FX (reverbs, etc) from just that Folder Track members, PLUS Master (or an Aux SubMix) processing... while I grab a (metaphorical) coffee... that makes me all smiley inside.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro