Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2017, 04:45 PM

Default For Kyle: Touch Strip Responsiveness

I've been playing with the Pro Tools Dock for a few weeks now and found that the touch strips don't respond to touch the way I've been programmed to use a touch interface. (My main reference point being the iPhone which I have owned since it's first iteration 10 years ago.)

It seems the strips register the touch AFTER I RELEASE CONTACT from them as opposed to immediately when I touch the strip. Is this intentional? Or is there something defective with my unit? This makes it quite awkward to use the touch strips. Can you, at the very least, add an option to make them register the button press immediately instead of after physical release? Or is this a problem with the hardware design?

I know lately I've been pretty vocal on here about how much I don't get along with this thing but I am trying...the lack of user adjustable parameters seems to be my biggest gripe. (i.e. the knob acceleration vs linear response). I know there are workarounds but that's besides the point. I thought that having the options to make this work for my workflow is part of the whole EuCon concept. Thanks in advance for your response.
Pro Tools Carbon | HD Native 2021.12 | HD I/O 8x8x8 | UA 4-710D | Avalon VT737 | Waves Mercury | Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Kontrol S61 | Maschine Studio | Eleven Rack | Pro Tools Control w/ 9.7" iPad Pro | Pro Tools Dock | S1 | MacPro 7,1: 16-core 96GB RAM W5700X GPU OS 11 1TB SSD +OWC 1m2 2TB SSD (samples) +Sonnet M.2 4x4 4x2TB Samsung Evo Plus SSDs in RAID 0 (sessions)